Channel change takes a while

djstevie

Picked up an H2H with a line from Ebay....I know I know. Installed the box and works fine but seems to take a while when changing channel for the new channel to display. Looks like the box is running on OpenVix. I'm talking 20 seconds to a minute sometimes. Is this normal for this box or more than likely an oversubbed line?

Managed to extract the Line via FTP so debating whether to flash the box with a decent image (just incase) and re-applying the line.

Picked up an H2H with a line from Ebay....I know I know. Installed the box and works fine but seems to take a while when changing channel for the new channel to display. Looks like the box is running on OpenVix. I'm talking 20 seconds to a minute sometimes. Is this normal for this box or more than likely an oversubbed line?

Managed to extract the Line via FTP so debating whether to flash the box with a decent image (just incase) and re-applying the line.
I had the same issue mate.

All you gotta do is create a swapfile at 256 MB onto a FAT 32 USB or External HDD and make sure it's started.

You have to initialize the USB so check DSayers guide on his openvix backup for all the instructions to set it all up.

Reboot box and it should fix the issue.

If it's still slow it's due to two reason.

1) Plugins/Skins that you don't use uninstall them
2) USB/HDD is no good so try another formatted FAT32

Thanks buddy. Have already created the swapfile and noticed no difference afterwards. Only 6 plugins on the box. Cross epg, epg importer, media scanner,openwebif, picture player and ts panel.

Thanks buddy. Have already created the swapfile and noticed no difference afterwards. Only 6 plugins on the box. Cross epg, epg importer, media scanner,openwebif, picture player and ts panel.

Try a USB Drive i was using a external seagate 1tb and swawpfile manager was still having lot memory used.

Sorry should have said it is a usb i setup using dsayers guide. One thing i just noticed is that the mgccam is 1.35 where as the latest is 1.38. Would that likely make a difference?

As I've posted before, I had this problem on a zgemma LC, see if it is the same on fta channels, bbc1 in sd for example, if it is that would rule out a line issue, flash atv solved my problem

As I've posted before, I had this problem on a zgemma LC, see if it is the same on fta channels, bbc1 in sd for example, if it is that would rule out a line issue, flash atv solved my problem

Good shout. Changing from fta channels is lightning fast compared to gift channels. Might try your suggestion later and flash to ATV from VIX.

Changed to mgcamd 1.38 but it seemed to be worse than 1.35 so changed it back. In my line there is no keepalive command so will try that later this evening first of all.

Ok ran into another issue now. Put the keep alive in. Rebooted. Nothing. Just ftv. Reset router and box again still nothing. Changed the line back without the keep alive and it's still ftv only.

Thinking maybe the line has went down but would be a mighty coincidence for it to happen at the time it did.

Is there anyway for me to check the server is active in mgcamd?

Did you restart the cam? in softcam manager, if you make the mgcam active you should see your details and signature showing underneath if connected. If not you should see no ecm

Checked the line details and double checked. They are the exact same as the one I FTP from the box when I got it.

When I went into Mgcamd i stopped it, restarted and it shows as active but both boxes underneath are completely blank. Looks like its the server.

Will need to see if I can get hold of a test line to confirm.

This folks is why you should never buy stuff like this from fleabay :grin:

To reply to my own thread. The server has went down. Test line confirmed this and also eliminated the slow channel change for me. Looks like a new line will solve all the issues. Again NEVER EVER buy from ebay. I should have known better. Thought I would get longer than a week out of it mind you :grin: Will put in a paypal claim and see what happens. Tried emailing the seller but nothing so far.

Yup. I'm ashamed of myself :boo:
How much did you pay for the line with the box from ebay? lol

Cmon man I feel bad enough........*COUGH* £120

Could of been a lot worse I suppose similar ones were £180+ :grin:

think the box is around £90 anyway so it could've been worse as you say. These plug and play boxes look so appealing

Sent you a pm.

Yeah they are. Thing is i love to mess with things like these boxes. It's half the fun. Was just pure laziness.

Back