Channels Missing Help Needed

oreill1

Hi i am in the coventry area and today have noticed that i am missing quite a few channels.
all the disney kids,sky sports news and all mtv music. i have done factory reset and rescan and when i do this it will not pick up mtv channels on scan but everything else comes through ok.
Just wondering if there was a problem in the area or is there anything else i can do to resolve this ? Any help much appreciated.

Some channels that have recently gone off. Note MTV Music is working

419: Movies 24
420: Movies 24 +1
724: Disney Channel
725: Disney +1
727: Disney Junior
728: Disney Cinemagic
746: Speed auction TV
162: Universal
185: Comedy X
515: Sky Sports News
525: British Eurosport 2
607: CNN
704: Cartoon Network
705: Cartoon Network Too
730: Boomerang
731: Boomerang 1
747: Ideal world
283: Sky Arts 2
330: 4 Music
337: Smash Hits
340: Magic
342: Kerrang
470 Adult Previews
514: Sky Sports 4
1013:Sky Events
1014: Live Events Channel

thx lac pretty similar to me mate but this doesnt explain why im not picking up any of the mtv channels available on scan ? any ideas mate ? my line signal is at 56 and quality is at 86 if this is any help. When i do scan this is with factory reset as well thx.

Try a direct scan from the wall socket without splitter,looks like a TP is missing.

MTV channels are in the same TP as,

237: Crime & Investigation
311: MTV
313: VIVA
315: MTV Base
317: MTV Hits
319: MTV Dance
320: VH1
325: MTV Rocks
707 Disney XD

Presume you don't have any of these channels

lac that is correct mate and when you say do a direct scan without splitter i take it you mean the little square box supplied by vermin ? so i take this off and do a straight connection to my box.

The spliiter maybe weak ,scan from wall socket to box direct removing little square box(splitter)

Also if you have a VM sub box ]one thats paid for] press menu/settings/tech stuff-- that will show the correct Net ID for your area

sounds as if signal is too low,have you checked for local issues on the vm website? i would imagine your vm box is effected also.scanning net id also loses channels,are you on the latest firmware?

thx guys ie lac and cactkid at the moment i am doing direct scan so i will post outcome of that and to cactkid yes i am on the latest firmware mate as when i try to update on box it says already updated. thx for your replys tho much appreciated.

Added after 5 minutes:

Have just completed direct scan and still not gettin any mtv channels ? guessing it must be my area. Not even picking them up on scan. Any other ideas ?

Last edited:
Are you scanning the correct Net ID.? Check as above or state nearest town/city

Try the Power Search Mode----Menu/System Settings/Other Settings/Search Mode==ON Turn box off for a few minutes

thx for reply lac and yes im scanning correct net id i only have the one for coventry. have just left in power search mode now so hopefully it will work.

im just about to cactikid and thx for all your replies i will just have to keep checking and fingers crossed they come back.

This is a old Net ID for Coventry NTL, 00019 , it may have changed,as before best check VM box if you have one.

Was the signal any better without the splitter

thx guys ie lac and cactkid at the moment i am doing direct scan so i will post outcome of that and to cactkid yes i am on the latest firmware mate as when i try to update on box it says already updated. thx for your replys tho much appreciated.

Added after 5 minutes:

Have just completed direct scan and still not gettin any mtv channels ? guessing it must be my area. Not even picking them up on scan. Any other ideas ?

Make sure you have the correct area NET ID get it from your subbed box, also when doing a scan, factory default the box fully >>> Menu >>> installation >>> factory default >>> press ok then do a new scan, provider on top and channel search type is NETWORK "NOT ALL" let it search for your area and select the correct one for yourself, no splitters including your internet if using virgin.

thx for all your replies but i have tried everything now and still no joy. I find it strange as i had everything just last week. Guess i will just have to keep checking and hope they come back. The one thing i am finding is strange is that when i rescan i am not able to pick up any of the mtv channels. Oh well i had them before so i hope they appear sooner rathert than later. Thx all.

cactikid my signal level is at 56 and quality is at 86 hope this is ok ? Got home from work and tried a fresh scan after factory reset but still the same.

Signal is weak did it improve when you scanned without the splitter, try changing the cable feed from the wall socket to box.

Some more channels went off today,
105: Channel 5
109: Sky Living
111: Sky Living +1
112: Sky Livingit
139: Challenge
140: Challenge +1
159: Sky Living Love
160: Sky Loving it +1
424: True Movies 1
737: Tiny Pop

thanks for reply lac. i have tried direct scan from wall without splitter and signal and quality was exactly the same mate. Are you missing channels as well then ? on my rescan i only get the one option for coventry which is 00019 and this is after latest update. Any further advice my friend ?

Back