Channels Missing Help Needed

cactikid my signal level is at 56 and quality is at 86 hope this is ok ? Got home from work and tried a fresh scan after factory reset but still the same.

M8 your signal is far far to low you need approx 80% of a signal and quality, thats prob why you have lost your channels, take your splitters off your cable feed, including your BB and then do a scan and then look at your signal then.

thx box for reply but i tried this yesterday and there was no change mate. The other thing i should let you know is that i have a wireless bridge bb connection to my box. Rescanned with and without wireless bridge connection.

thx box for reply but i tried this yesterday and there was no change mate. The other thing i should let you know is that i have a wireless bridge bb connection to my box. Rescanned with and without wireless bridge connection.

Nothing to do with your box the BB, that does not do anything for your scanning, i would say your problem lies within your cable feed, do you have your box connected directly to the cable from the wall, with no other connections, also you could always bring it around to your m8 and try it there.

But that 56% signal is defo to low.

thanks again box for your reply and after taking what you have said on board i can only put it down to a line fault or something in my area. I say this because i had everything before all channels etc and now am missing quite a few and when rescanning im not even able to pick them up. Is there anything else i could do to maybe boost the signal or something ?

thanks again box for your reply and after taking what you have said on board i can only put it down to a line fault or something in my area. I say this because i had everything before all channels etc and now am missing quite a few and when rescanning im not even able to pick them up. Is there anything else i could do to maybe boost the signal or something ?

If you have a subbed providers box put that back on the line, ring your provider and tell them you are having freezing and pixalating on some channels, they might send a signal down the line to boost it, or they might have to come out, last person that had this problem, someone had latched on to his feed which in turn gave him a loss of signal.

If you dont have a subbed box, you could buy a booster, but i would hold off for a couple of days and see does your signal improve if not as i say bring your box to m8 house, scan it there and bring it home again, make sure you disable the power search mode in the settings after you connect it up in your house.

Lac on some channels i am getting the scrambled but its the channels im not even picking up on scan thats the main worry.

Added after 6 minutes:

Lac taken on board what you have said mate and i am going to give it a couple of days so if you wouldnt mind keeping your eye on this thread i will post and let you know how i get on. Once again many thx for all your help.

Last edited:
Hi guys just keeping you informed on progress.... signal is 56 quality is 86 still.
Just been on the phone to one of my friends from a different part of coventry and his signal and quality are both at 86.
Tomorrow after work i am going round to do a rescan from his house so will let you know if i pick up missing channels or not.

You will find the channels will scan in or should no problem, but once you bring the box back to your house the channels will start to go missing again, as your signal on the upper or the lower tp is not strong enough to hold them, i suggest you get your cable feed sorted.

i've got a siml prob from today 28.06.11 all my channels are down sept freeview i got a s of 77 and q of 79 done factory re set and re scan finds all channels my epg works but i just get scrambled or no video on my screen whats going wrong? thanks any body

scratch that just tightend up all my feeds and swapped my lans around on the router all came back on doh

Last edited:
Scramble or no video is down to your net problems try rebooting your router and box, if you are using homeplugs swap them around, or use a direct connection to your box via ethernet cable.

Also do you have the most uptodate firmware on your box as well April 2011 is what you need.

Last edited:
maybe check internet feed,power off box modem and router for 30 secs then on,if you have homeplugs check it has not gone faulty.
hoi i only type with one finger:plol

Right all here is what happened when i took box to my friends house to scan there..... it was just the same as being at home still not picking up any of the mtv channels on scan. I find it strange as on his box which is exactly the same as mine he has them on and under music ? Does anybody know of a way in which i can enter tps manualy to get channels back ?

you can do a manual scan by entering the tp data for that channel which may have 1 or 12 channels on it,at your mates house did you factory reset first then power off at rear first and scan from direct coaxial feed?sounds as if different area:whistling:

Right people had vermin out the this morning as im having troubles with my bb connection and have been told that there is a fault in the area so i thought ok this could explain all. But why when i took my box to my friends could i still not pick up mtv on a scan ? This is whats really baffeling me. If any body knows a way i could enter missing tps manually could you please let me know ? Many thanks to you all for posting and help so far.

Presume you have the TP you need,if not ask your friend as he's in the same area.
Menu/Installation/Manual Scan/Frequency input the TP you wish using digits on remote

Thx for help lac but how do i find the mtv tps on my friends box ? ive found out how to enter them manualy just not sure how to find them on his box ? Thanks

Go to the MTV channels you need press OK then info on remote under the Nagravision like 275.0

Back