Chinese Teenager Sells Kidney For iPhone

j4v3d

VIP Member
A Chinese teenager has sold his kidney to buy an iPad and iPhone.

Xiao Zheng, from the country's south-eastern Anhui province, is believed to have met a broker on the internet who said he could help him sell his kidney for £1,825 (Yuan 20,000).

He is said to have left a message for the middleman saying: "I want to buy an iPad 2."

Zheng then travelled to Chenzhou in central Hunan province, where he had his right kidney removed in a hospital.

His mother told reporters she was devastated by the news.

She said: "When my son came home he had a laptop computer and an Apple phone.

758.jpg

"Where did all that money come from? Only when he could bear it no longer did he tell us.

"He said, Mum, I sold my kidney.

"When I heard it I felt like the sky was crashing down on our family."

The boy's mother alerted police after she found out but they were unable to locate the broker as his phone was switched off.

The hospital was not authorised to perform organ transplants, and claimed they had no idea about the surgery because the department had been contracted to a businessman from a neighbouring province, reports said.

Code:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Video-Chinese-Teenager-17-Buys-iPad-And-iPhone-After-Selling-Kidney-To-Online-Broker/Article/201106116005218?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_16005218_Video%2C_Chinese_Teenager%2C_17%2C_Buys_iPad_And_iPhone_After_Selling_Kidney_To_Online_Broker

Hmmmmm wonder what he will sell when he wants to upgrade?

What a freakin idiot.

Last edited:
Jeez, I don't think my kidneys would be worth that much, maybe a discman??? Or, a six pack of Carlsberg special brew

757.jpg

all i can say is he has to be the most passionate buyer Apple have ever had, stupid guy!!

It just shows you how much people feel they need these products. or how stupid people really are. Nothing is worth potentially killing yourself for!
If i was ever to give up (not sell) any organs in my body it would be for a family members health reason,so that we could both live, Not for a piece of technology thats out of date as soon as its purchased!
But it maybe does show companies like Apple the extremes and lengths that some feel they have to go to to get that i Must have item!
If they lowered the prices - which they CAN afford to there might not be no need for people to stoop so low as to sell a kidney!

Sadly Linny some people will do anything to have the latest piece of crap they really don't need, I guess with some people it a status thing.

I guess with some people it a status thing.
Unfortunately that is so true! some people have just got to have the newest toy on the market at any cost.
As you say they have to be better than the Jones as we say here in the UK - or keeping up with the neighbours!

surely his kidney is worth more than anything in the world, some people are just plain crazy

Back