cIOS38 rev 17 Nintendo Wii

sinno

VIP Member
Wanniko has released cIOS38 rev 17 and by all accounts and reviews this is the best yet fixing all those buggy issues with the previous 2 releases,i will be using this one,its here if you want it

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/337304361/CIOS38REV17.rar
I have removed the link and put a new one in its place
Extract to your computer
Copy the cios38 rev 17 folder(its in the one called apps) to your apps folder on your sd card,copy the wad IOS38-64-v3867.wad to the root of your sd
put the sd back in your wii
Open homebrew and run the cios38 rev17 installer and do the wad install
adding megaupload link
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0N4IH7K

Last edited:
Just to say i am on 4.2 and tried using this download and getting a error -1 ret
I dont know if this is a 4.2 problem or a download problem,im not reformatting my sd.
I tried 3 different downloads and same problem,so i gave up and did a network installation,if anyone is on 4.1 or lower and tries it,i would appreciate a post back to say how they got on

Replaced link at top so it should be sorted

Last edited:
sinno, i want to try to do it your way, i am on 3.4 , i put cios installer folder into "apps" folder, but to do a wad install, i have to put a .wad file on the root of the card, where do i find the .wad file?, then i will try it out for you

Hi Wheelo it should all be in the installer,put installer into apps folder,open homebrew on wii,select cIOS38 rev 17 installer choose ios 249 it will probably be set to that anyway wad install,from sd and that should be it
I will see if there is any other downloads from trusted areas and re post

so i just open the installer, then choose install as a wad? and put nothing on the root, in which case i got the error ret-1 as well

Just posted new link at top wheelo and it has the wad there as well,sorry m8,you should be good to go with that one for offline install

feckin rapidshare. stilll trying to get a download since earlier, will report back thourgh

okay sinno, i finally got your file downloaded, many thanks for that. i was able to load it up as a .wad file. it has cured the problem i had with Lego Indiana Jones 2 loading, i will now try to open the different games that i had probllems with before i start a thread.

thanks a million sinno,
you will be rewarded in heaven

What problems were you having with lego,that may have been more to do with your system firmware,let me know and im sure i can sort you

it would go up to the language selection screen, then freeze, it is working perfectly now.
there is an error 002 with it, but neogamma does this automatically, i had tried an alt .dol, just to see but nothing., i now have a problem with G force, you can go all the way up to picking easy, hard, then the screen shows that it is loading but nothing happens, do you think i might have to upgrade the software on the Wii? if so we can start a new thread that shows how to upgrade a softmodded wii.

it would go up to the language selection screen, then freeze, it is working perfectly now.
there is an error 002 with it, but neogamma does this automatically, i had tried an alt .dol, just to see but nothing., i now have a problem with G force, you can go all the way up to picking easy, hard, then the screen shows that it is loading but nothing happens, do you think i might have to upgrade the software on the Wii? if so we can start a new thread that shows how to upgrade a softmodded wii.

I used Firmware Updater 4.1 by Waninkoko For Wii

I do have it on my sd card if you want it?

thanks a million sinno
got that download,put it on the root of the card, ran wad manager 1.5, chose ios 249,chose emulator<disable>, then chose SD device, it came back with an error -1 message

Last edited:
Wheelo
the wad goes into the wad file so it will be recognised in wad manager

Last edited:
done, don and done, i am now up to 4.1. cheers

@rizla i have managed to get it done using sinnos method, thanks for the offer

Guys: I've look everywhere for a fix, and before I ask let me tell you, this is by far the best source of information I've found! Great job everybody.

Anyway, here is my issue:
I'm trying to use cIOS38r17 to get USB Loader GX working on my Wii, I already installed I0S36 (v3351) w/FakeSign on my 4.2U using DOP-Mii v12 from the Home Brew Channel.

Now when I use cIOS38r17, cIOS Installer downloads the WAD from NUS (no issues there) succesfully patchs some files, and then FAILS to install (I assume is the actual install of the cIOS) unly showing the message:
Install Error! (ret = -1035)

Then tells me install succesfull, but USB Loader GX is still asking for 249.

I try both network and wad methods and so far no success :whacko:

Please help! I also try cIOSXr19 and same results, I can post pics (as soon I get home) but please guys, getting desperate here

hi Readeryorma,you sond like you know what your doing,when you updated did you install your custom ios to 249 or 250,did you try the wad in the download,try it with wad manager 1.5

I really don't know much about this, and I did try using the IOS38 v3967 WAD file stored directly on the SD card and download, same error.

Can I load IOS38 v3967 from wad manager and still get the same results as cIOS38r17 and if so will this introduce 249?

Done with I0S36 (v3351) w/FakeSign (using the WAD file from NUS Downloader) and no issues there.

I'll post a picture ASAP, I think is better to actually see at what point breaks

GX Loader... so close

Thanks for the response! :happy:

Back