cline setup help please?

Jargonaut

I've just got the box and am trying to add my cline. I'm stuck at getting the cccam.cfg file onto the box. Is it not possible to do it from a usb stick? I've read about connecting via ftp and I'm using FlashFXP, I've put in the correct IP address and port 21, it connects but then reports wrong username/password. I have left anonymous ticked and user/pass boxes blank because I have no idea what these might be. Could someone offer any help please?

Edit: the box has vix installed.

Tried for hours to get this running using all 3 versions of the 3 cccam plugins version 2.3.0, 2.0.9 & 2.2.1 Filezilla CCcam.cfg to the etc folder on the Box (Zgemma 22 OpenVIX Scumnsee 153 ) and just cant get it to work, when I start in the SoftCAM Manager does not appear to work and a message flashes up next to the Active: that I can't read.

The format of the line in CCcam.cfg is

C: nnnnn.nnnn.org 15000 user password

anyone any ideas, got this working in 5 mimutes on an OpenBox, and tried for hours to get working on this ZGemma and run out of ideas

I don't have this box, I have vu solo running openATV image and on this image the CCcam.cfg file goes into usr/keys. Vix image other way so is image dependant I think. Also to note when you first install your softcam start it first time then stop it, ftp into your box and make sure to overwrite the default CCcam.cfg example file that comes with most softcam installs with your own created one with your line in, this is normally where peeps get confused as they see the CCcam.cfg and presume it's their one with their line details in but it is in fact the example one ;) seen it so many times and caught me out a few when I started out! Oh the lost hrs!.....
oh and don't forget to reboot your box after doing this

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks thereaper123, I'll check that my CCCam.cfg hasn't been overwritten by the installs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked and CCcam.cfg is OK so not sure how to get this running, just flashes up a message for a fraction of a second something to do with scanning against the word Active: and doesn't work!!!

Is the CCcam 2.3.0 showing in the usr/softcams directory? And have you deleted mgcamd from the directory folders?

Just to check dude what worked? For future readers.
Entering root as username and password as password allowed me to connect to the box using the FlashFXP FTP program. Fortunately for me all I had to do was copy cccam.cfg into /etc and reboot the box and I have all the channels working without any other changes. Although I did do a service scan not sure if that helped. I think now I have to do something about the channel list, hd channels don't seem to be working and a few others.

Thanks for the help.

Is the CCcam 2.3.0 showing in the usr/softcams directory? And have you deleted mgcamd from the directory folders?

Hi, CCcam2.3.0 is showing in usr/ folder together with 2 other versions I've tried also mgcamd so deleted it and rebooted, but still no luck!

Do you have teamviewer installed on laptop or pc. If so I'm happy to have a quick look if you want to see if it's anything obvious, but can't promise to get it going

Back