Clines Vs IPTV

dex71

Hello all,

with people moving towards using IPTV, do you think that the Cline market is going to end and with it also the hobby for satellite television? Personally for me it is a hobby, being able to open encrypted channels and understanding how it works,, more than just watching the actual TV programme. But I have noticed that nowadays most of the people selling the Clines are moving towards IPTV and those lines are selling are pretty basic without even using proper local cards. What is your thoughts??

I used to use cline on VU+ box about 10 years ago. I moved home 7 years ago and couldn't get a dish mounted. I made the move to IPTV last year and there are several advantages.
  • More Channels and Options than a fixed dish
  • Portability - as long as you have internet connection, you can get TV service. No dish and cables required
  • Bundled VOD - TV and Movies
There will always be a hobby market where people are interested in the technology. The IPTV market just has a lot more to offer these days

There is absolutely loads open on c line or should you now say oscam lines. You just need a good euro server not always available on here. Sky de open, digital Albania open with supersport, sky uk sd open but maybe not for much longer, loads on most satellites across the arc. Then if you buy the correct box like the viark you can get loads of Sky uk HD channels open and lots more exclusive packges across the arc. If you know your picture quality then you will know satellite is far better than IPTV. Yes IPTV as a back up for when a game is not on or vod where it excells but if you know a good picture when you see one then you will know which is best.

IPTV last resort for me very rare i need to use it.

Oscam and Biss keys for feeds mean i dont have to suffer stutter ball or fast paced sports looking washed out and grainy.

Both have a place and IPTV is convenient ill give it that.

Isn't sky looking to do away with their sky dishes long term and move to streaming only as they could reach more users

Isn't sky looking to do away with their sky dishes long term and move to streaming only as they could reach more users
That will be the end goal.

But Sky aint the be all and end all for any type of viewing material, it is all available elsewhere.

Clines used to be much cheaper and I’m still not sure but they were better than iptv and still are sad channels have long gone missing, iptv is a second choice now and people are going into this more because it’s got more stuff loaded that’s why I think more favour in iptv nowadays.

That will be the end goal.

But Sky aint the be all and end all for any type of viewing material, it is all available elsewhere.
They aren't the be all end all, but they do control the majority of the market in uk, Italy Ireland etc. Whatever they tend to do, others tend to follow. Just like when apple do something, other companies tend to follow

in all honesty i cant be arsed with installing another dish.

its purely convenience for me.

theres no wolves fans in shouting distance of me so it doesnt matter if play is 30 seconds behind :LOL:
I’m the same, I thought about putting up a dish so many times and getting a box which and support satellite and IPTV, then I remember how much work I use to put into get the bouquet how I want them etc, IPTV is just to convenient theses days, so being 30secs to 1 min behind is fine for me.

I’m the same, I thought about putting up a dish so many times and getting a box which and support satellite and IPTV, then I remember how much work I use to put into get the bouquet how I want them etc, IPTV is just to convenient theses days, so being 30secs to 1 min behind is fine for me.
Leave it to expert's like myself and willo 😊

in all honesty i cant be arsed with installing another dish.

its purely convenience for me.

theres no wolves fans in shouting distance of me so it doesnt matter if play is 30 seconds behind :LOL:
Are you a wolves fan to mike :ROFLMAO:

As far as I am aware sat uk in FHD is only available on those viark type boxes.

The thing with iptv it can be taken anywhere with a Internet connection

As just mentioned above. Viark is the only decent option for a decent quality sat stream... And from what I can see, that's more expensive overall in a short term, and as also said, less convenient ...

Quality of IPTV is almost as good as sat (supplier dependant), and not really that much behind (depending on supplier again). And also has added extra benefits such as vod etc

As just mentioned above. Viark is the only decent option for a decent quality sat stream... And from what I can see, that's more expensive overall in a short term, and as also said, less convenient ...

Quality of IPTV is almost as good as sat (supplier dependant), and not really that much behind (depending on supplier again). And also has added extra benefits such as vod etc
Ask anyone using HD satellite if the quality using IPTV is as good and they will tell you no.

Back