Cloud ibox 2 Plus SE Openvix backup.

Rjay

Hi all,
I have a Cloud ibox 2 Plus Se box with Openvix and I want to do a backup before I flash my box to the latest version, I am currently running Apollo 147. Can someone please explain the difference between backup-manager and image-manager in the Vix section of the setup menu? Is it a case that image-manager backs up the image only and backup-manager backs up everything such as the image plus all the settings, skin, plugins etc? basically I just want to have a backup of my current setup so as if anything goes wrong during the flash I can restore it back to how it is now if I should need to.

Thanks.

very temperamental box when re flashing so just make sure you have the right image

Thanks, yeah I have heard that. I have downloaded the latest version for the ibox 2+ SE from cloud-ibox.net so that should be the correct image.

Thanks again.

My box came with Apollo 153 but I had a problem with it not booting one day and was advised by people on the Facebook page where I bought the box it needed flashing to fix it. One of the moderators sent me an image which was obviously a backup image and it was Apollo 147. Although it sorted it out for me, since flashing it with this image / backup the box has run slower than it used to plus when I went to the plugins menu I got an error message. I worked it out that it was looking for a plug in that wasn't there and I worked out what plug in it was. I installed the plug in and it sorted it out. As I don't use the plug in I uninstalled it thinking it would delete the directory etc. But I got the error again when going to plugins. Anyway I thought I would do a bare bones flash with the latest image and set things up the way I want them.

Why dont you use openatv which you can do online updates with,keep a copy of your line details and you can always flip a sky type skin over to box via filezilla after reflashing

I may give it a try, its just I've always had Openvix on it so I thought I would stick to that as I am used to it. I am using the Slyk 1 HD skin which I had to ftp over anyway.

thanks.

exactly but being safe to online update saves you from having to reflash next time,press the thanks button on the posting next time cheers les

Back