Cloud ibox 2+ SE setup questions

Forcefire

TK Veteran
Hey all,

Hoping my Cloud ibox 2+ SE will arrive tommorow, got it off fleabay and want to just check a couple of things before I try and set it up. I want to put Openvix on it so I can install the skyskin by fraggle121. After doing some reading, searching I think I figured out how to install openvix on the ibox.

So I get the lastest Openvix-Apollo 150 from cloud-ibox.net, unzip it, copy the files onto a blank USB drive (fat32 format) and then turn off the ibox, insert the USB (rear slot) and then turn the ibox back on, leave it untill it says "Done" on the front screen, turn off the ibox, remove the USB and then turn the ibox back on and let it boot up, all been well openvix will be installed.

As for the skyskin, download the skin from the downloads section here on the fourm,
copy the files onto a blank USB drive (fat32 format) and then turn off the ibox, insert the USB and then turn the ibox back on, copy to /tmp folder on ibox and use vix/install local extensions to install the file. The ibox will reboot. then go to menu-setup-system-userinterface-skinsetup and turn on, the ibox will reboot again. Once rebooted the skin should be set to the skyskin by fraggle121.

Then just setup my n line for all the channels and away it goes. So is what I've put above pritty much correct, am I missing anything? Will the Skyskin by fraggle121 order the channels like sky does (BBC1 = 101 etc) or will I need to use the Cwaites channel list like I am doing on my openbox v8s?

Want to make sure I got things right before atempting this as I know the ibox is more complex than the openbox V8S I have.

Cheers in advance :)

When flashing front may remain blank. Leave for 15 mins just in case. It may still be flashing.
Dont online upate so change that in settings. Its unofficial vix so cant online update. The guys at vix dont support these copy boxs so theyve been modded to work.
if ur stuck theres already set up ones in dl section just in case.
if ur setting from scratch get images at cloud-ibox .net ONLY.
To add skin u need to ftp from pc to box /tmp folder not by usb. Instructions in dl with the skin.
use autobouquetsmaker thats built in to sort ur channels. Dont need ch list.
few other things uv missed but get box first and we're here to help ;)

---------- Post Merged at 08:14 PM ----------

Ps. Give urself cpl of hrs first time distraction free.... just in case :)

Last edited:
Thanks,

I've seen that guys at Vix don't support the ibox so will turn off auto update as for the flashing, I've got a USB with a flashing LED too so I can see if the USB is working but will leave it 15-30mins to make sure its flashed.

I am setting up from scratch so have already downloaded the cloud-box.net file, I've also downloaded FlashFXP for my FTP client to send any files from PC to iBox as I've seen this recommended.

I've given myself alday to set the box up so will make sure I don't rush :)

Sounds good dude. Flash should take about 7-8 min so 15 is plenty.
can be complications with usb sticks so gather any spares or download hddguru free low level format tool in anticipation maybe.
I dont know that ftp prog but if u know how ur fine. I use deambox control centre as its simple.
Ps theres newer image there now so may as well check just before u flash if its up to date ur after.
make sure u have tv on and at correct hdmi source any time box is powering on. Can cause probs if not.
then few days after ur sorted make sure and make a backup so ur ready to go in minutes when something eventually goes wrong ;-)

Pps. Respect for asking about before fekin with stuff. All the guys kept me right here when I did the same. :)

Hi,

Good thread. I was also looking into purchasing a clouid ibox se and trying to figure out how to install Openvix.

Just for my clarification why do people install openvix? I have read how to install it but don't really understand the reason why people do this.

Hi,

Good thread. I was also looking into purchasing a clouid ibox se and trying to figure out how to install Openvix.

Just for my clarification why do people install openvix? I have read how to install it but don't really understand the reason why people do this.

OpenVix, OpenATV etc are the operating systems the boxes use, its like buying a pc and choosing to install Windows 7 or Windows 8 etc

Thanks. Do the boxes not come with a pre installed operating system? or does it have to be updated to allow us to get the service we intend to use the box for?

Also, once we install openvix do we then need to keep updating the sw to newer versions? Coming from a skybox f5s I only had to update the firmware once in the 14 months I have owned it. Channel updates were done a lot more often though. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand as much a s I can about these boxes before placing an order for one.

You never HAVE to update the software. It will come with openpli installed and may as well play as is until u want to change. Never online update software on one of these tho.

ok...so maybe I am asking the wrong question then. What are peoples reason for updating from the stock openpli Software to the Openvix?

ok...so maybe I am asking the wrong question then. What are peoples reason for updating from the stock openpli Software to the Openvix?

The reason I'm updating to openvix is for the Skyskin by fraggle121, it requires vix to run and will make my channel guide/epg look like skys do. I guess it down to what you want to do with the box, had I not wanted to install the skyskin then I would have stuck with the V8S I have.

Just waiting on royal mail to pull its finger out and deliver the box, hoping tommorow now.

The reason I'm updating to openvix is for the Skyskin by fraggle121, it requires vix to run and will make my channel guide/epg look like skys do. I guess it down to what you want to do with the box, had I not wanted to install the skyskin then I would have stuck with the V8S I have.

Just waiting on royal mail to pull its finger out and deliver the box, hoping tommorow now.

I'm running Open ATV on mine and the BlueHD Sky skin looks far better than the Fraggle Sky skin on my opinion

WOW!!!! I think next time I decide to buy a new box I might just scrap my balls over broken glass, less painfull hahaha

Well my box is up and running, all working and I'm super happy. Decided to download and install the Cloud iBox 2+ SE Vix Apollo 131 sucmnsee Backup 26.01.2015, it made it so much easier and was simple to follow the instructions given. Got my skyskin updated and working great, changed my region too, lol. USB drive all mounted etc, n line running smoothly and all channels updated.

All I can say to any newbie like myself is give yourself plenty of time, took me several hours to fully set up, learn the menus etc BUT all you need is here on this forum, files, advise and help.

Only thing to do now is make a backup of my system incase of a problem but not today and maybe update to the lastest vix (if I can figure that out)

Big thanks to sucmnsee :)

WOW!!!! I think next time I decide to buy a new box I might just scrap my balls over broken glass, less painfull hahaha

Well my box is up and running, all working and I'm super happy. Decided to download and install the Cloud iBox 2+ SE Vix Apollo 131 sucmnsee Backup 26.01.2015, it made it so much easier and was simple to follow the instructions given. Got my skyskin updated and working great, changed my region too, lol. USB drive all mounted etc, n line running smoothly and all channels updated.

All I can say to any newbie like myself is give yourself plenty of time, took me several hours to fully set up, learn the menus etc BUT all you need is here on this forum, files, advise and help.

Only thing to do now is make a backup of my system incase of a problem but not today and maybe update to the lastest vix (if I can figure that out)

I've just got mine and I'm starting to wish I bought another skybox f5s ... I've got up to tuned the channels in .. I've put the C line in but hasn't work for some reason .. not done any flashing yet bit wary of that lol but well done hopefully i'll get there soon

I've just got mine and I'm starting to wish I bought another skybox f5s ... I've got up to tuned the channels in .. I've put the C line in but hasn't work for some reason .. not done any flashing yet bit wary of that lol but well done hopefully i'll get there soon

Keep at it, its worth it as the box is great, I figured out how to get my line working from this thread:
mgcamd 1.35a AND cccam 2.1.3 - Downloads - TechKings

Thanks I'll have a play over the weekend ...I've done some downloading ready for the weekend fingers crossed I can crack it like the other noobies :)

I am having trouble getting my box to flash. Do I put the folder in the root of the USB or the files direct in the root of the usb

Thanks

Back