Cloud Ibox 2+ stuck on 'openvix' boot screen

KevinM2k

I've tried to update my version of VIX as the installation of wireless was making it crash.

I've downloaded a few different images and formatted my usb to fat32 - put it in the back of my box and booted it.... it just goes to the openvix bootscreen now and does nothing.

If I take the USB out I get the same bootscreen.

Any help?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi 1554leslie, thanks for getting back to me. Thats the image I am attempting to use, I haven't tried a low level format on my 4gb usb yet, just a full windows format so that will be the next thing I will try.

That image has a cloudix folder, i've read about that one at the xpeedlx folder, which one should I use? Will just renaming make any difference?

I've just put in the USB again freshly formatted (not low level yet) and left the folder as cloudix, turned the box on from the back, I don't get the boot screen, but just get a blue light on the front, nothing is happening though.

Kev

Will most likely be the usb,its common with the cloud ibox,try low level format 1st and see how you get on,also i have changed the folder name in the past but most are cloudix what i can remember

---------- Post Merged at 06:05 PM ----------

one other thing can you connect to your box with filezilla or similar to make a backup of your line

@1554leslie, my box is only getting to the basic boot screen so can't connect to ftp, but should be able to sort the line out once i'm up and running, if I try the cloudix folder on the drive once it has been fully formatted and i'm still not getting anything would you recommend renaming the folder and trying agian, or would I need another low level format?

i've done the low level format so now i'm just doing a full windows format on top of that. Then i'll put the cloudix folder back on it, turn the box off, put it in the back and turn it back on again, see if anything changes.

---------- Post Merged at 06:23 PM ----------

done the low level format, and put the cloudix folder on the drive, put it in the back and turned it on and again it just boots to the openvix boot screen and the light stays blue on the box.

I've got another USB an 8gb kingston, so i'm goiing to low level format that now, if that don't work I can only try renaming the folder to xpeedlx, see if that makes any difference. Will I need another low level format if I rename the folder?

Last edited:
so ive tried 2 usb pens now, both low level formatted, tried the cloudix folder on it and tried renaming to xpeedlx - both times when I turn box on, I just get black screen with the white 'openvix' boot screen.... thats it...

Anything else i can try?? Is the box bricked???

I have now downloaded the bootloader from 29th May 2014, which was xpeedlx and put that in the back... when I did this, the openvix boot screen didn't come up, in fact no video display came up at all.
Left it about 10 minutes, then turned it off and took usb out, now booting up no longer shows the openvix boot, just no video at all just a blue light on the box.
I have then tried the august bootloader, but again putting a usb in and turning the box on shows nothing on display, nothing on tv, just a blue light - no idea if it was doing anything. Again left for 10 minutes, then rebooted without USB, still exactly the same.
Then I tried putting a standard openpli image on, but again no idea if anything was happening as nothing when turn box back on... again left 10 minutes hoping it may be flashing in background, but after reboot with no usb, still nothing.
All I get now is a blue light on the box... thats it, no ip address nothing.

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 PM ----------

I now think the box may be bricked! anyone suggest another box to get that isn't as easy to brick!? thanks

Hi try this web site has got latest firm ware - http://www.box.com/shared/bzsgkj9k55

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 PM ----------

Try putting USB in front of box

Hi Barbs, there is no USB in the front of the box, from all of the files on that box.com link, which ones should I be using for the cloud ibox2 plus?

Picasso56 - so when you turned your box on, the blue light came on and that was it? You put USB in and nothing happens? I've even tried a cross over serial cable through COM3 and that doesn't seem to be getting any connection either. When you say it was the bootloader you were putting on, can you send me the file you used that fixed it and how did you know it actually worked? When I put a USB in with something on it, I get nothing, usb pen drive light doesn't flash, its blank on the front of the box and just the blue light.... nothing else.

I tried using the Dreambox Control Centre and choosing cross over cable, but it still seems to ask for IP address of the box which is strange as if its a COM port it wouldn't have an IP address would it?

Kev

Turn box off insert USB turn box on some USB are temperamental so use 4 gig or less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back