Cloud Ibox help needed

sam1

Hi Everyone,

Am new to all this stuff so please go easy :).

I have a cloud ibox (i think it is 1 as it just says cloud ibox on it), which was pre loaded with cline when I bought it. Now it has expired so am buying from someone else, but dont want to buy the box again (which he said was skybox f5).

I have OpenPLI on it, is it a good firmware or should i upgrade?

So, want to do the cccam loading etc myself, was wondering is there any tutorials available or even can I do it myself. I mean do I just delete the old cccam.cfg and copy the new one over. please guide

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the info/advice. I will try tonight to see if I can ftp to the box, then will request for new test line.

One more question do I need to setup anything in box in order to ftp or just enable browsing and connect an internet cable? And would there be a password/username?

Last edited:
Ok thanks got access to it :)..I can see all files like /etc but there isnt any file called cccam.cfg...is that normal - as i said used to get sky package pre installed

if you double click on etc you will get a list below etc look further down and you will see cccam .cfg right click on cfg and go to edit, dont forget to save if you add your line,, easy when you how....

Are you looking in the right place did you double click on ETC because you have to scroll down on the same side on left in DCC

Look inside /usr/keys.
is there a newcamd.list file?
if so then ur lines probably in it. Right click it and edit. Then replace old details with new. U can just copy and paste using top left of dcc.

@sucmmsee yes it was there and all details are in there :)

so if someone sends me cccam.cfg does it go in /etc or /usr/keys?

Thanks it was in /usr/keys.

I got a test cccam.cfg and put it in /etc but cannot select cccam from box menu...I changed last line of newcamd.list and restarted but still dont get anything. please help

Ah then you need to ensure CCcam is installed on the box. Using DCC go to 'Usr' then 'softcams' and check if there is a CCcam file there

sorry for stupid question, what is dcc. i did go to 'usr' there isnt any softcams folder or file...

I'm not familiar with Openpli but if CCcam is in the softcams directory then you need to enable it in the menu settings somehow so that your C line will work. Newcamd.list doesn't use CCcam.

---------- Post Merged at 07:27 PM ----------

DCC - Dreambox Control Centre

I found in menu on the reciever an option for softcam/ci but the only options available are mgcamd or none

Is there somewhere in menu settings where you can download CCcam?

---------- Post Merged at 07:31 PM ----------

There may be an option to download in a different menu setting.

Back