Confirmation of purchase of box through to line purchase

ElPrawner

HI Techkings,

Had a KV for donkeys years.

Ive been doing my research and I *think* Im doing the right thing, but needed one of you guys who know a lot more than me to confirm or amend my intentions on my next box purchase. :)

Purchase of box will be from WOS

VM is cable provider.

So it was a toss up between miracle box or Vu+ , but I have gone for VU+ SOLO SE v2 TWIN-C/T2 because I understand I will put the one VM cable into the box and be able to record (and indeed pause and rewind) TV. I am purchasing the HDD option to be able to record,pause,rewind . I will still only need 1 line.... Corrrect?

I am getting the box flashed with "OpenViX (latest)" Correct?

I will get all VM channels with this box using the one line- correct?

I am getting the Kingston 8GB USB option as well. This is mainly for EPG? Why should I get the 16GB one?

Im not sure what the "VU+ Additional USB Tuner options" are on WOS for this box and why I would need it?

So , when the box arrives I will not need to flash it, but will need to request a line. C line or N line ? I know the place to do this on the cable section of the web site for this.

Can someone put the link to what to do when I receive the line on here for me?

Am I missing something....?? :)

Many Thanks in advance! :)

all looks good mate

the usb cable tuner was to add to sat boxes

but would also add extra cable tuner to box you bought

Thanks Lancable :)
I just realised the one thing I didnt get confirmed, was : I will be able to record one channel and view another? Again, using VM channels (e.g record Sly Sports 1 but watch Sly Movies Premiere)
While I'm at it: Can I record one channel (again, for example Sly Sports 1) and pause/rewind Sly Movies Premiere, or is that a step too far?!

Thanks

its a twin tuner mate whatch one record 1 aslong as you have hdd or big usb stick attached

add the usb tuner watch 1 record 2

If you or having a HDD, you don't need the usb stick to save the EPG. just save it all on the HDD. just use the usb stick for flashing the box if ever needed.

i still use my 8gb kingston usb stick to setup my epg to and leave the hdd for recording,much easier for me to format usb and set up again if i had issues.
if i had to reflash box with usb stick its already in rear so not hard to lose it.

You will need a splitter kit.

You need a feed to your router and two to your box, depending on your feed to the house you may need
a 2 way or three way splitter.

And a couple of these, F connector.jpg

And have a read here

It's for a combo so just ignore the sat parts and follow the cable bits.

Back