Cool tv guide 7.3.0 picon help

morseman

Guys i am after a little bit of help regarding picons in the coolguide by coolman, no mater how i try i cant get them to show, i have them showing in the default guide but i like coolguide better, so does anyone have any ideas.

BTW the image is vix 078 by sucmnsee.

Thanks

As far as I know rats updater is no more, was reading on vix website it's no longer supported!

Thanks for the replies guys, what updater can you use, or is rats the only one

There is no picon updater anymore the only thing you can do is if you have access to feeds then install picons from there and failing that you need to download picon set on computer and FTP to picon folder on box.

Cheers dummer, will do.[/
go to Vix downloads site and there you can download picons they have latest croker picons plus a blue set and others
just unzip and FTP to picon folder..you can leave old ones to be overwritten and replaced or delete contents of picon folder and FTP in new set..

Do the picons slow things down by much? Ive always avoided because was told much slower having to look for picon every channel change. Is that not so? Or is it even noticeable?
p.s I mean on vix and crossepg......

Do the picons slow things down by much? Ive always avoided because was told much slower having to look for picon every channel change. Is that not so? Or is it even noticeable?

Hi mate,I can not say that they make any difference what so ever to speed..certainly not in a Egnima2 box.

p.s I mean on vix and crossepg......
Good question, my channels take that second or two to clear but I put that down to my server or connection. The picons are displayed instantly on channel change though even if they are sitting in the hdd which essentially is the usb attached and mounted.

(This is a zgemma not ibox but same thing)
Put them on. V simple. Doing a backup.

Attachments

• 20150315_001510.jpg
    20150315_001510.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20150315_001456.jpg
    20150315_001456.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 61
  • 20150315_001436.jpg
    20150315_001436.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 67
My picons show just the same as yours in the first and the third photo, but not the second or at all in coolguide, if i could get them
to work as in the second photo i would ditch coolguide.

Last edited:
Press right arrow to bring up channel menu then - menu => service title mode, using left/right arrow => picon and picons will be displayed in bottom epg menu screen.

I've downloaded crockers picons from the Vix site but how do I get them working on my cloud ibox 2 running sucmnsee sly image? I've got dcc but not really sure what to do next

Think standard locations i /usr/share/enigma2/picon (may need to create the picon folder)

Some create the picon folder in hdd, which will then be hdd/picon

Back