cross epg - Help needed please

cross epg - Help needed please
Please can someone help. I've tried everything but cannotget crossepg to work properly. I did the following, afte installing a brand newimage, openvix-3.0.808-vuduo_usb onto my VU+ Duo;
Afterticking Sly in opentv, & three countries on Rytec Providers,
PressCrossepg Downloader, the following happens; starting downloader, readingchannels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsingsummaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel listsdeflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, it thensays starting importer, saving data, loading data (however there is no progressin the progress bar). it then spins again and goes back to menu. When I check,the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytecproviders list.

My settingsare; epg to save to usb, enable csv import, show plug in, show extension.

I then triedit a different way;
PressDownload Now button, the following happens; starting downloader, readingchannels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsingsummaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel listsdeflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, itthen goes back to menu. When I check,the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytecproviders list.

Thank youfor any help you can offer.

you have more than likley filled up your internal flash memory. best to start again by reflashing the image then
1. format your usb to fat32
2. you will then have to create a moutpoint. so select create mountpoint and it will see your usb. make sure it is in the back of your sat box. the create the path media/usb let it doo its thing after that is done save and you will have to reeboot your box.
3. goto configure crossepg select where you want the data saved which will be media/usb then set up the autoupdate like how oftern = daily and the time you want yo do it the save and reeboot your box
4. select opentv providers and pick 28.2e and save then just do a scan. it should save all the data on the usb. you may have to rebbot to see the info normally you dont.

I already had my haerd rive set to media/hard drive, & my usb to media/usb, during the set up. How could the epg be on the flash memory if I have set it to save to usb already. Can I check via filezilla or another, to see if the flash is full of epg, just to be certain. Which folders do I check.

if you have not set it up correct it will default to your internal memory. it will be media/usb or media/hdd(using filezilla) whichever path you chose to save it too. you have to cofigure cross epg,aswell as create a place to save the data.

the files are on the usb. if I want to check the intenral memory, which folders do I look in please.
also, if I tick the providers in Rytec Providers or Xedgb Providers, will these not download too. If not, how do I get them to auto download.

rytec provider uk xmltv with green tick,green to save for uk only? i was setting up my max when it errored out,need to format usb to fat32 and start again lol

They will only download if on a motor dish

I had problems on my solo2 so moved it from saving from USB to my hard drive

Also opentv been playing up to download last few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

open tv has been fine my end. for me it has never missed a trick. open tv uses the direct sky feed it is a good idea to be using autoboquets aswell. some people dont like open tv as it is a memory hungary app so it is advisable to create a swap file asell.

none of my boxes on motor,but i notice now the max does not populate the settings,need to recheck settings used on other boxes running perfect.have the swap done also.solo2 does not need a swap file but epg goes to usb.

my problem is not uk, as this works fine. it's trying to get the foreign channels to download epg too. as I said, after ticking Sly in opentv, & three countries on Rytec, Providers, only the uk downloads.
let me put it another way, what's the correct set up to get the rytec channels (france, Germany, etc, etc) to all download at one.

They won't download at once ! As some will be 13e some 19.2 etc
U can change the order under settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks satman, I know this, the problem is that they don't download, it hangs.
After ticking Sly in opentv, & three countries on Rytec Providers, I PressCrossepg Downloader, the following happens;
starting downloader, readingchannels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsingsummaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel listsdeflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, it thensays starting importer, saving data, loading data (however there is no progressin the progress bar). it then spins again and goes back to menu. When I check,the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytecproviders list.

My settingsare; epg to save to usb, enable csv import, show plug in, show extension.

I then tried it a different way;
Press "Download Now" button, the following happens; starting downloader, readingchannels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsingsummaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel listsdeflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, itthen goes back to menu.
When I check,the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytec providers list.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Back