Cable CrossEPG openTv Providers VM missing?

gazbo

help needed. VM missing from Open tv providers I am runnung cable only. I have not reconfigured channel A sat , Open tv providers has x3 satellite providers in but no VM. when running download now I get crossegp error no D-VS NIM. Rytec VM is top of Providers start order it also has sky uk open tv underneath I don'y know why as not needed. Any Help would be appreciated

gazbo,

This is how i set up my VM EPG:

*YOU NEED A STORAGE DEVICE FOR THIS*

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings > Enable Virgin EPG: yes
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > Update rytec providers
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Cross EPG > XMLTV Providers > Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV > click yellow to download *Wait for it to finish* > Click okay on Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV (Green tick should appear) then hit green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Blue for Sources > Scroll to Rytec Virgin UK XMLTV Okay *Green tick will appear* > Gress green to save
Menu > Setup > System > EPG > XMLTV-Importer > Press Yellow for Manual > then Yes.

Give that a go!

Thanks Burlesy for taking the time to reply in such detail it worked a treat. I was about to give up on it all.

I now have bouquets in place with all channels available. I currently have a test line. The paid channels are all blank screen, all FTA are showing. In newcamd.list I have overwritten using remote control what was in there with the line details given. I have put same line details in row 2. Some advice is to use CWS = KEEPALIVE 60 on row 1. then NLINE on row 2 tried this and it did not work I am using sucmnse vix. Is there anyway of checking the line is active. Mg cam is started and active green tick 1.38. I used softcam manager to activate not touched Tspanel softcam this time. Am I on the right track as I feel almost there.

Your welcome,

First of all you need to determine what type of line yours is.
As your in the cable section I would guess it is a N line because most cable lines are n lines.

I would find out the IP address for your box, by going:

Menu > Information > Network

Next, Go on to a laptop or computer which is on the same network as the zgemma & download a ftp program (Filezilla) i use FlashFXP but people recommend Filezilla.

Ipaddress> your box
Port: 21
UN: root
PW: root

Navigate to: usr > keys > right click edit 'newcamd.list'

Should be 2 lines there.

1st line is vm line (cable)
2nd line sat
here is what they should look like

CWS = VMserver.com 20000 user123 845795 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS = SATserver.com 20000 user123 845795 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

If you dont have a sat line its okay just replace the first line with your cable line.

Once done that simply file>save restart zgemma then should be working fine.

Also if it is a test line check with the dude first to make sure it's still live.

Thanks Burlesy for taking the time to reply in such detail it worked a treat. I was about to give up on it all.

I now have bouquets in place with all channels available. I currently have a test line. The paid channels are all blank screen, all FTA are showing. In newcamd.list I have overwritten using remote control what was in there with the line details given. I have put same line details in row 2. Some advice is to use CWS = KEEPALIVE 60 on row 1. then NLINE on row 2 tried this and it did not work I am using sucmnse vix. Is there anyway of checking the line is active. Mg cam is started and active green tick 1.38. I used softcam manager to activate not touched Tspanel softcam this time. Am I on the right track as I feel almost there.

Sounds very much like you have an incorrectly configured mg_cfg file search the forum there are some pre-made ones that do both Cable and satellite

Sounds very much like you have an incorrectly configured mg_cfg file search the forum there are some pre-made ones that do both Cable and satellite

He was given a free trial of a sat not cable lol

Interesting, would the hd channels (e.g SS1hd) work or would they still be $crambled after tweaking the mg_cfg file?

This is mine been tweaked for both Satellite and Cable use and works 100% on both

Attachments

• mg_cfg.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 108
Just got Mgcamd working on VM but having some issues with some channels goning to try your MG-cfg....

---------- Post Merged at 10:45 PM ----------

Just got Mgcamd working on VM but having some issues with some channels goning to try your MG-cfg....

I had a similar issue - mgcamd appeared to be working, but just a black screen. I changed from MGcamd1.38 to 1.35a and that fixed it for me.

I haven't needed to make any changes to mg_cfg file.

---------- Post Merged at 11:22 PM ----------

Another way to see what mgcamd is doing:
Using a pc download and run putty - configure it to connect to your zgemma using telnet with the username root / no password (This may be different depending on the image you use.
Type in the following commands
cd /
cd /usr/softcams
ls (LS in lowercase will give you a list of the softcams installed)
./mgcamd.1.35a -dv (I am running mgcamd1.35a)
If you change to an encrypted channel then you should see some activity in the window
You can just type /usr/softcams/mgcamd.1.35a -dv on the first line

hi how did you downgrade your version as i am having the same issue of just blank screen on all non FTA channels?

Thanks

Mario

Back