CrossEpg: timeout for tuner lock (moved box from 2 cable to 1

leec32

hi

i recently upgraded one of my boxes to a h9s and my old h2s i moved to another room

when i set the h2s up i had 2 sat cables but the room it has moved to only has 1 i am now getting problems with CrossEpg: timeout for tuner lock

ive been messing around with the tuner set up in service searching etc but only tuner A seems to get a signal, LNB and tuner B i get nothing, ive tried setting tuner B same as A etc and also disabled it but crossepg will still not work

i must be overlooking something so any help appreciated

thanks

The H9S is a single tuner box so tuner B doesn't exist. I am not sure how you have managed to get tuner B showing as an option.

If you restored settings, maybe reflash the box and start from scratch and don't restore your settings.

sorry i mean my h2s box, ive moved that into a room with only 1 sat cable, i originally set it up with 2x cables, the h9s is working fine

i can only get a signal in tuner a but crossepg wont work with it

Because you have one cable crossEPG will error as it is trying to use the second tuner and can't get a signal.

You need to make sure tuner B is set to not configured then crossEPG will work.

I see you have updated post #1 to indicate that it is the H2S you are talking about and not the H9S.

sorry i mean my h2s box, ive moved that into a room with only 1 sat cable, i originally set it up with 2x cables, the h9s is working fine

i can only get a signal in tuner a but crossepg wont work with it
you will need to disable tuner B, Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration -> Tuner B

already tried and disabled tuner b and get the same error, not sure if this has any relevance but tuner A says (internal)

yep defiantly in tuner a and tuner b is disabled, i can only get a signal from tuner a anyway.

i have seen crossepg is set as default to read from tuner b, is that correct or could that be the problem if i am using tuner a

strange ! seems to be working now ha

for some reason now when crossepg updates the screen goes black where as before i could still watch tv and it would just show progress across the bottom of the screen, i did uninstall and re install crossepg, is there any setting for this.

for some reason now when crossepg updates the screen goes black where as before i could still watch tv and it would just show progress across the bottom
This is because crossEPG uses the tuner to get the information. Before you had two tuners so it used the one not in use. Now it uses the only one it can find and has to stop the current channel. There is no way around this with settings. The only option is using EPG Importer in place of crossEPG.

The descriptions with EPG Importer, in my opinion is not a patch on crossEPG and sometimes isn't right. I suggest you set your EPG scan to a time when the TV won't be being watched, this way you won't see the channel go off while it scans.

ah right so obviously that's why the h9 is doing it also.
both set for updates during the night anyway so no big deal

thanks for the help :fuckyou:

Back