Difficulty getting off the starting line

Sooo....my guy that I was originally working with went a bit radio silent on me over the weekend and I really wanted to get something up and running for the misses, so I ended up taking a second trial and then of course, my guy shows up and I end up with 2 concurrent trials. They both know the score though.

So i've now got one provider that has less channels, but more seem to be working, but no EPG - the reply was "I will sort"

I've got another guy that is a lot more responsive to emails, quicker to reply, has a fully working EPG but half the channels are giving me a Parser Exception error and he tells me that "Channels are having issues from the source, will be working well shortly"

Is this what its normally like for everyone starting off ? :tearsofjoy: have I just got to keep trudging through the mud until I eventually find a diamond?

Channels can go offline but should be fairly quick at fixing.

Any particular obscure channels?

Sooo....my guy that I was originally working with went a bit radio silent on me over the weekend and I really wanted to get something up and running for the misses, so I ended up taking a second trial and then of course, my guy shows up and I end up with 2 concurrent trials. They both know the score though.

So i've now got one provider that has less channels, but more seem to be working, but no EPG - the reply was "I will sort"

I've got another guy that is a lot more responsive to emails, quicker to reply, has a fully working EPG but half the channels are giving me a Parser Exception error and he tells me that "Channels are having issues from the source, will be working well shortly"

Is this what its normally like for everyone starting off ? :tearsofjoy: have I just got to keep trudging through the mud until I eventually find a diamond?
Ditch both and keep taking trials then do a monthly sub first. Did you read the guide on post 1 of the request section its good advice

If you are not happy test other providers
Yeah I will do I guess...honestly out of the responses I got there's only one more that was long standing enough to catch my eye. I guess i'm just not sure if I have been super unlucky and taken a trial at the worst possible time or if these guys really are trying to have me over ya know?

Time will tell I suppose. I'll keep plugging away.

You should be able to find one with working epg and most channels should work. What channels have been playing up.

Loads with that provider to be honest. BBC2, Some random sports channels, ITV+1, she was just flicking around and kept coming unstuck. The frustrating part I suppose is that provider was recommended by a friend of my sons. Been with them for years, not a reseller though just pointed me towards them.

Been VERY responsive by email, but....yeah not the best trial experience but without a baseline to compare against.

Yeah I will do I guess...honestly out of the responses I got there's only one more that was long standing enough to catch my eye. I guess i'm just not sure if I have been super unlucky and taken a trial at the worst possible time or if these guys really are trying to have me over ya know?

Time will tell I suppose. I'll keep plugging away.
You are a new member and most vets and vip guys will not reply to you due to the amount of sky agents looking to get suppliers details.

You are a new member and most vets and vip guys will not reply to you due to the amount of sky agents looking to get suppliers details.

Yeah totally understand that. Knew it was going to be a bit of an uphill battle from the moment I joined in here and read up on it, but appreciate all the help i've had so far and i'll just have to keep sticking around and slowly moving up the ranks :tearsofjoy:

Honestly if it was me using it, I'd make do and struggle through but because it has to have that wife approval factor and she's not at all tech savvy, it makes the whole thing far more complicated lol

Loads with that provider to be honest. BBC2, Some random sports channels, ITV+1, she was just flicking around and kept coming unstuck. The frustrating part I suppose is that provider was recommended by a friend of my sons. Been with them for years, not a reseller though just pointed me towards them.

Been VERY responsive by email, but....yeah not the best trial experience but without a baseline to compare against.
Should be various options for them channels like fhd hd SD and even back up

I should clarify my earlier post as I mispoke.

I didn't go with a VIP, went with a Veteran.

Mainly because I didn't win over any VIP's :tearsofjoy:

Should be various options for them channels like fhd hd SD and even back up
The channels that were not loading, were not loading on any of the hd/sd options - wasn't sure if it was my setup even but it appears that its the providers issue.

Hi Billy-Boy as a fellow newbie not sure what I can or can't ask but how did you get a list of providers in the first place

Back