Director Michael Winner dies, aged 77

noelyf

VIP Member
[h=1]Director Michael Winner dies, aged 77[/h] Monday 21 January 2013

Film director Michael Winner died today at his home in Kensington. He was 77.

0006e6d1-314.jpg

Michael Winner dies, aged 77

Winner, who made more than 30 films including the Death Wish series, had been battling liver disease for some time.

Paying tribute, his wife Geraldine Lynton-Edwards, whom he married two years ago, said in a statement: "Michael was a wonderful man, brilliant, funny and generous.
"A light has gone out in my life."

000500eb-628.jpg

Michael Winner wed Geraldine Lynton-Edwards in September 2011 - over 50 years after their on-again, off-again romance began

During his career, which spanned more than 50 years, Michael Winner worked with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood, including Marlon Brando, Charles Bronson, Faye Dunaway and Robert Mitchum.

He was also well-known for his witty restaurant reviews in his Winner's Dinners column for the Sunday Times.

I used to love his column in the News Of The World, he was very funny, RIP.

I used to like him before he was in that advert "calm down dear, it's only a commercial" and they use to have it on over and over again just like the go compare advert so after that I hated the guy and used to mute the TV every time he came on.

All the same R.I.P, wasn't his fault that advert annoyed the crap out of me lol.

[video=youtube;KdO4epI7oyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdO4epI7oyg[/video]

Back