DsayersBuild Dsayers Openatv complete backup for zgemma H.2H

Status
Not open for further replies.
admittedly it's still on a build from April - is this 6.2 latest version ? will I have to reset all custom settings like ip add / channels etc ?

I also have a xtream plugin running will I need to get supplier to reactivate ?

Try backup settings. Blue button software manager backup settings then when flashed restore settings via blue button. Just don't re initialize storage device.

You'll still probably need to go through setup as a few things have changed from April backup ie custommix named ABM CustomMix Importer.

For xtream yes you'll need to reinstall it but probably best asking your provider as I don't use it.

Try backup settings. Blue button software manager backup settings then when flashed restore settings via blue button. Just don't re initialize storage device.

You'll still probably need to go through setup as a few things have changed from April backup ie custommix named ABM CustomMix Importer.

For xtream yes you'll need to reinstall it but probably best asking your provider as I don't use it.

Thanks ill give it a try :)

I've re-flashed the box fine but every time I do software updates it keeps my box in boot mode and will not come off it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've re-flashed the box fine but every time I do software updates it keeps my box in boot mode and will not come off it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They have been changing karnels on ATV there is a few posts and threads about this http://www.techkings.org/threads/24th-nov-borked-update.134852/ and its effecting all images before 24/11/2017.

I might have to do a new backup :( to get around software updates so for now dont do software updates or if you plan to try do a backup so you can easily re flash

To make a backup. (Thanks to @maxal for these clear instructions in another post.

1. While watching tv press the blue button and scroll right and down to complete backup and press ok.

2. Press the red button (backup to hdd)

3. When backup is completed exit out and back to tv

4. Connect to your box using Filezilla (you will need the ip address of your box, username is root and no password is required) click on connect. or use windows explorer goto network you should see Zgemma H2H

5. Once connected look for hdd folder and click on it to expand it.

6. Look for fullbackup h2h folder and click on it to open it and you will see a file named 2017(date) click on it to open it and you will see a file named zegemma right click on it and click on download and the file will download to your pc's hdd

7 Insert the usb on your pc (formatted) that you normally use for flashing and click and drag the zegemma file from your pc to the usb.

8 Using the white button on the back of your box power it of now unplug your hdd or usb that you may have connected to the rear usb port.

9 Insert the usb with zegemma file on it into the usb port behind the front flap and now turn your box back on using the white button on the rear.

10 When you see update appear on the box display press the power button on the front of your box (left hand side)

11 Once you see boot on the box display use the white button on the rear to power of the box and remove the usb from the usb port and reconnect your hdd or usb in to the rear usb port and turn your box back on using the white button again. Job done

Last edited:
Used this update to the previous version one and works fine, but this time there was no custom mix download option available on my menu.
I assumed this was just because I was only updating my existing software?
No big deal, everything works amazingly well and trouble free.
Just a couple of questions.
Is there anyway of putting the 'All channels' at the top of the menu?
It's only because some of the HD channels glitch from time to time and a lot of the SD channels only show on the All Channels list.
Also, now I've updated, the box insists on shutting down after EPG update.
I've trawled through all the set up options to stop this, (it didn't do it before), but no joy.
Any advice?
Cheers and thanks everything.

Used this update to the previous version one and works fine, but this time there was no custom mix download option available on my menu.
I assumed this was just because I was only updating my existing software?
No big deal, everything works amazingly well and trouble free.
Just a couple of questions.
Is there anyway of putting the 'All channels' at the top of the menu?
It's only because some of the HD channels glitch from time to time and a lot of the SD channels only show on the All Channels list.
Also, now I've updated, the box insists on shutting down after EPG update.
I've trawled through all the set up options to stop this, (it didn't do it before), but no joy.
Any advice?
Cheers and thanks everything.

ABM CustomMix Importer should be available to in service searching. For putting all channels bouquet at top yes in ABM goto providers order and put virgin ik on top then rescan ABM, all channels bouquet is based on virgin channel numbering system.

EPG is set to shut down after it has finished refresh.
this is setup to automatically run at 5.40 am.
This is also set to shut down the box after automatic scan at 5am if you want to change this portal, epgrefresh show advance options yes
Change shutdown after EPG refresh to no.

Great image, and working-ish, my problem is that I cant see how to watch VM and record Sly or visa versa.

thankls

iF USING THE CustomMix method use channel selection screen ie press TV button and choose your bouquet youll see cable and sat logos so you can tell what is cable or sat. Most of the SD channels are sat in entertainment etc HD are Cable, so if you record an SD channel in entertainment goto the last all channels bouquet to watch cable channels.

Alternatively setup separate bouquets and dont use custommix method

I have two lines. One for virmin and one for sly as CWS. However sly line is clearing for both virmin and sly channels. Is that even possible? Virmin line is first in list in newcamd.list

Anyone noticed if you check in menu then information then service that it shows Videomode as 720p50 ?

Should it not be 1080/50 ?

Attachments

• BA750A0D-9B14-4178-890B-FEB38C456325.jpeg
    BA750A0D-9B14-4178-890B-FEB38C456325.jpeg
    738.3 KB · Views: 26
Anyone noticed if you check in menu then information then service that it shows Videomode as 720p50 ?

Should it not be 1080/50 ?

I posted about that a long time, but people said there is no content at 1080p anyway. So it wasn't a non problem

But you can change it so it will go to 1080p

Screen_Shot_2017-10-12_at_20.55.32.png

here is what i mean
doing a fresh install on the h7

video size is 1080p but it is only displaying it as 720p

Screen_Shot_2017-10-12_at_21.02.30.png

but as there is no content on sat, its still a none problem

I have it set to 1080 but it still states that 720p/50

I use cable not sat ?

Does that mean the cable content is coming through at 720p but the zgemma is upscaling to 1080?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back