Duo2 with cable and sat tuner mgcamd help

It definitely is a nline and on his automated server it ask if i eant to doenload a ccam file or newcamd file. I downloaded the newcamd file. I know definitely its a n line

I can teamviewer you if you want just pm if you want me to have a look.
Does sound strange to say the least

Hi I'm having similar issues to this thread but instead of starting a new one I thought i would reply in this. I have Abm working and have the sly and cable menus in my bouqets. Problem is only my sly paid channels are working and not my cable ones. The fta ones work fine.

Is it because i am using the same server details in both lines in my newcamd file? My line provider said it would work so long as i am only using one tuner at a time, but it doesnt?? Can someone help please

My lines look like this:

CWS = myserver.com portnumber user-username password 01 02 03 04 05 etc.

Hi again

You may have a combo line so only needed once. Your Mg_cfg file may be for sky only. I'll send you mines if want. Pm me

did you not mention you were running cccam,check again as i know you said your sky line works but where is the file and what cam is in use via blue button softcam manager.

if both lines are nlines both would have to go to usr/keys with filezilla and the cam to use 1.38
i would also think you will have 2 different lines as one is cable and other is sat.
mg_cfg must be ok if sat works,also cam 1.38 setup as active and autostart.?

Mentioned mgcamd and CWS line x2 but both same. They're a few that do combo lines. I've heard of Mg_cfg clearing one and not the other too.

PS I got my spanking from Abu this morning! All sorted ;)

Sorry guys didnt mean to get you in trouble...thanks for all your help so far. Yes ive checked, when mgcamd is on none of my sky channels works, when cccam is enabled the sky ones work again. I have mgcamd 1.38. The cccam file is sitting in the etc folder.

I used a blackhole image once but then completely wiped it and started from scratch. Mines a yades vix image.

Im going to try a test line for cable from another provider and see if that resolves it???

My fault - I forgot what forum I was on! Have 5 on one app on my phone! :) I mentioned the 'L' word first :)

Thought you had a CWS line so you must have a C or N then or converted it to an N for cccam? Does this line definitely do sky and cable?

My fault - I forgot what forum I was on! Have 5 on one app on my phone! :) I mentioned the 'L' word first :)

Thought you had a CWS line so you must have a C or N then or converted it to an N for cccam? Does this line definitely do sky and cable?

Yeah I have an cline and converted to an N for cccam. The provider said it does so long as I am only using one tuner at a time?? I'm kind of puzzled atm

sorry its a N you have in cccam 2.3 and sky is clearing yes? He said cable is on it too but not clearing? you do not have it converted to CWS anywhere or using mgcamd?

did he provide you originally a C, N or CWS type line?

sorry its a N you have in cccam 2.3 and sky is clearing yes? He said cable is on it too but not clearing? you do not have it converted to CWS anywhere or using mgcamd?

did he provide you originally a C, N or CWS type line?

Yes its an N and im using it in cccam and its clearing sky. He said asling as im not using the both tuners at the same time it should be fine.
Originally it was C type line, I wasnt aware that you could get a cws line i just edited my existing Line to reflect what was above in and earlier post. Do i have to request a cws line??

I think we need to start from scratch here and in your own thread. Last night on the other forum seems like a long time ago! :) Also double check with your provider how he has the line on his portal/server(C or N) and if it is definitely a combo line.

the fact is box is using cccam config and files are in etc.
what i would do is download from bees tut the newcamd.list and mg_cfg files and send both to usr/keys.

people get confused as to what road to take and to make things simple nlines go into usr/keys

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

if on a very old image maybe reflash time and save line info on pc first.

forgot to add running clines and lines one might have to stop cccam and start mgcam hence why 1 cam is better.

Last edited:
the fact is box is using cccam config and files are in etc.
what i would do is download from bees tut the newcamd.list and mg_cfg files and send both to usr/keys.

people get confused as to what road to take and to make things simple nlines go into usr/keys

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

if on a very old image maybe reflash time and save line info on pc first.

forgot to add running clines and lines one might have to stop cccam and start mgcam hence why 1 cam is better.

Ok will have a go at this later as i gotta go run some errands and then let you know how i got on. Thanks

Thanks for your help...turns out that it was my line as bangord has been helping me via email. He gave me a test line cable line and even helped configure my newcamd.list and bingo it worked!! So a big thanks to him.

This is the response i got from my server provider after i told him his apparent combo line didnt work:

" A dud combo line ? its a dual line for use in 2 boxes or 2 tuners, it is not a virgin and sky line lol
I only offer sky not virgin too, they are 2 totally different things, if you want a virgin cable sub you'll need to buy one from someone who sells virgin subs."

Id been asking him all along if it worked with a sat and cable tuner and he was telling me yes. He even offered to sell me another line!! Im fuming been with him for a while too lol

Back