Eagle Nest Decorah Eagles

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a live feed web cam of an eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa. It is located around 80 ft. up in a cottonwood tree. The nest is about 6' wide and 6' deep. The Mom has laid 3 eggs.

heres another one g.

canadianbaldeagles.com/.i doubt very many people have been as close to eagles as this guy.also my brother in law.

Two of the Eagle chicks have hatched They are beautiful.one more to go :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Didn't see this first time round, very interesting, have to keep popping in now (y) they sure are a majestic bird, never saw them in the wild, but documentaries have been excellent. good to see they are being preserved for further generations after many years of hunting and poisoning, theft of eggs etc.

Yes, I've been popping in & out since I first came across it and it's been great to watch. I don't know if any of you were in when the camera was being paned in and out & up and down by the operator? It was great to see the ground and surrounding areas, it gave you a feel for the place instead of just looking at the nest. I was watching the other morning when the partner arrived and gave some food to the spouse, the spouse then got up off the nest and flew off as the partner assumed the duties of sitting on the eggs, it was great to watch it.

Yes have been in and out G Did see the Cam panning around.Did See a horse grazing in one of the fields.Also some birds nesting near the eagle nest.Eagle at times gets a bit angry with them getting too close.Brilliant watch G, loving it(y)

Operator just panned around the area, it is good to see the type of area they are nesting in. Is it just me or does it look like it is up at a huge height??

Is it just me or does it look like it is up at a huge height??

Wheelo, you never cease to amaze me lol lol lol

The two lines of my opening post

This is a live feed web cam of an eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa. It is located around 80 ft. up in a cottonwood tree. The nest is about 6' wide and 6' deep. The Mom has laid 3 eggs.
:dunno: lol lol :leaving:

Anyone notice the shadow at the nest.Looks like the pole for Cam.What does it remind you of lollollol

Damn cant view on my phone so will have to look tomorrow like wheelo said didnt see this b4

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hand1.jpg

hand out to be slapped for that one, but 80 feet isn't terrible high, it looks like it is really high from the camers, while the other trees look like they are about that height. the camera seems to see the tops of the other trees(maybe it is on a tall pole??)

View attachment 5211

hand out to be slapped for that one, but 80 feet isn't terrible high, it looks like it is really high from the camers, while the other trees look like they are about that height. the camera seems to see the tops of the other trees(maybe it is on a tall pole??)

Just seeing the chicks for the first time now, WOW

Don't know how This has split into 2 posts, I tried edit and this happened :sorry:

Back