MINI Edison os mini

I've had one for the last month now, I'm happy with it for the price.

i can't really compare it speed wise as I only used an openbox v8s before.

I came from an old VU DUO to this box, and I would say it outperforms the VU, in speed, zapping etc, and I'm very happy with this box, although it is a bit boring, because it just works :)

I've got two, a single and dual tuner and for the price you can't beat them, very nippy boxes and perform well.

I've just switched from the XpeedLX2 to the OS Mini on Friday.

It is definitely faster than the LX2. I don't know if I'd say the speed alone would make it a worth while upgrade as the LX2 is a good box.

I switched because I wanted a combo box. If I was looking to switch purely as an upgrade then I think I'd be looking to spend more and go a bit more premium.

As above, its faster but if your after speed your better off upgrading to something with a dual core 1,3Ghz if thats the primary reason to upgrade, but you will notice the edison quicker than the LX2

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 AM ----------

If your looking for an upgrade you will "feel" lol then this is not bad for the money and takes an internal HDD

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-2-Super-Enigma-2-Linux-HD-PVR-Twin-Tuner-Satellite-Receiver

I have both Edidion OS Mini combo & zgemma H2H very little between the two both excellent boxes for the money, Edision possibly wins by a nose as it has a few extra features & supports ota updates for VIX.

The remote is terrible on the edison os mini. Does anyone have any advice or any remote upgrade advice?

---------- Post Merged at 09:06 PM ----------

By that I mean it's very unresponsive

I had the same issue with my V8s, replaced the remote with a One for All remote which are probably the best on the market for the price. I use this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-De...&qid=1463924817&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=ue+7980, which enables me to control my TV, Bluray player, Humax PVR, and Openbox V8s. May be an overkill for what you require, they do produce a number of cheaper models, but is an excellent device. The remote that came with the V8s was poor, it had to be pointed directly at the V8s to get any sense out of it, but I can aim the One for All almost anywhere and it works.

No its not that

---------- Post Merged at 01:15 AM ----------

Went on to the other one for all website and you can check compatibility.

Got an essence 2.

Said it was compatible with edison.
Cheers man

Will the Edison play movies via a usb hdd which are in .mkv .mp4 format
If so I can get rid of the WDTV
Cheers
Adrian

I actually like the remote (y)

As you all have this box on here could you confirm your total ram please as i seem to have lost half my total memory for some reason, so trying to work out what the reason is, if you don't mind that is.

Maybe my box is faulty, somebody mentioned it could be just the total ram after the os has taken some, but i would have thought it would still show a total of 512mb.

Thanks.

A Swap file is not needed with the edision it has plenty of memory to cope without one, I don't use one and have no issues, box runs just fine.

No I have not set up a swap file, sounds like I don't need to.

The box always runs fine it's just my free memory can vary from say 95mb after a restart, and after a few days this can go down to 40mb. As far as I know everything is saving to the external drive.

Thats why I was querying the total memory really as if it said 512mb like I thought it should do then there would be plenty of free ram.

Back