Enda Stevens agrees deal with Aston Villa

noelyf

VIP Member
72.jpg

Stevens agrees deal with Aston Villa

Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Shamrock Rovers defender Enda Stevens has secured a move to English Premier League side Aston Villa.

The Ireland Under-21 international will not join the Birmingham club until the New Year, which means that Stevens will be available for Rovers' Europa League games and the Airtricity League run-in.

Stevens said: "I'm delighted that the two clubs have agreed terms and I would like to thank Alex McLeish for placing such faith in me.

"I have really enjoyed my time at Shamrock Rovers, and with Europa League football along with the run in to the league campaign still ahead, I can't wait to be part of that before I leave for Aston Villa.

"I want to thank the board for everything they have done for me, and the manager, Michael O'Neill, who has been a huge influence on my progress as a player.
"Shamrock Rovers is a great club and it has been fantastic to be part of such a successful period for the club. I hope we can repeat that before I finish at the end of the year."

Hoops boss, Michael O'Neill said: "This is another mark of how this club is progressing and how well regarded our players are outside of Ireland. Enda deserves great credit for how he has improved his game and placed himself in a position that one of England's biggest clubs wanted to recruit him.

"I believe he will do very well, but the great news for us is that he will remain a Shamrock Rovers player until the end of this season. We have a great squad of players and have a lot of hard work between now and the end of the season. Enda being part of that is important for him and the club."

Last edited:
Back