EPG issues

cactikid

VIP Member
Setup a fresh image and setup on Openvix but its all over the place as different program is on and not matching tv

EPG IMPORTER from plugins use and overlapping times and wrong programs when checking.
Deleted epg and loaded epg refresh only gave me now and next.

So what works for multiple sats.

First thing to check is your time. Is your box set to the correct time zone and displaying the correct time ?

Once that checked use the Rytec source for 28e in Importer. If that is then displaying the programs at the correct time start adding the providers your euro line supports.

Not familiar with vix 😗 It will take you to another level in the world of enigma 2 an experience never to be forgotten 🤣
Each to their own bud.

Not sure why the rytec sources are missing on caktikids Vix image i dont run it to check. Can only assume it needs the sources updating. Or rather EPG Importer does.

I am on the latesT Vix Image so should be current and i dont have a feed for 28.2 on that box Xtrend Et 10000 or H7S.

Setting up a Solo2 from scratch for 28.2 and no backups as that is the only one there.

There are Rytec sources in use on the ET and H7S but no need for 28.2 as no tuner.

Yes fall asleep i am an expert on and have remote on a string when dropped i pull it back to me.

If you are getting overlapping times, you are probbaly usng several epg acqusition methods. EIT now/next, freesat, rytec, openTV EPG.
1. Post screenshots of the settings in the EPG menu.
2. Please say exactly which methods you are using for EPG and 2a, post teh settings/sources you are using

That being said, Doglover said he cleaned up the references for 23.5 and 28.2. The old catgories in Rytec were updated a few days ago. So the Virgin/dead on sat etc are worded differently in order to simplify them.

I am on the latesT Vix Image so should be current and i dont have a feed for 28.2 on that box Xtrend Et 10000 or H7S.

Setting up a Solo2 from scratch for 28.2 and no backups as that is the only one there.

There are Rytec sources in use on the ET and H7S but no need for 28.2 as no tuner.

Yes fall asleep i am an expert on and have remote on a string when dropped i pull it back to me.
If on the solo 2 there are no sources available in EPG Importer remove EPG Importer and reinstall it.

Menu-Plugin Red button remove it

Then Install it

Menu-Plugin Green button install it

Sources available now ?

Ok setup Solo2 Fresh setup 6.3.002 for 28.2 on one tuner as this is the box i am on at this moment with Rytec sources.
Epg Import Config.

Rechecked Sources and unchecked as they were ticked and saved ?
Takes a while to get it running , hmm only now and next showing
ticking to add freesat to epg
FTA Hd blanks in epg on list
Checking sources i see Freesat unticked , maybe needs rebooting.

Deleted epg cache and went to download epg again from EPG - Importer
not happening even after a reboot

Tried red plugins to remove , then green to download fresh copy but no difference
Rebooted box and checked sources none found?

Attachments

• epg import.jpg
    epg import.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 8
  • FTA Hd channels.jpg
    FTA Hd channels.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 8
  • no active sources.jpg
    no active sources.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ok setup Solo2 Fresh setup 6.3.002 for 28.2 on one tuner as this is the box i am on at this moment with Rytec sources.
Epg Import Config.

Rechecked Sources and unchecked as they were ticked and saved ?
Takes a while to get it running , hmm only now and next showing
ticking to add freesat to epg
FTA Hd blanks in epg on list
Checking sources i see Freesat unticked , maybe needs rebooting.

Deleted epg cache and went to download epg again from EPG - Importer
not happening even after a reboot

Tried red plugins to remove , then green to download fresh copy but no difference
Rebooted box and checked sources none found?
Click the blue button for sources are they there ? If so select what you need.

Click the blue button for sources are they there ? If so select what you need.
Yes sources in blue show and have ticked them but yellow button says no sources

I have done what you mentioned removed and reinstalled but no difference.
Also checked the Vix feeds and are green

Unticked freesat and it imports events?

Attachments

• import source.jpg
    import source.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 8
Yes sources in blue show and have ticked them but yellow button says no sources

I have done what you mentioned removed and reinstalled but no difference.
Also checked the Vix feeds and are green

Unticked freesat and it imports events?
Right so you have pressed the yellow button to import sources and it reports no sources active ?

Select the Sky1 source as well and see what happens.

I unticked the freesat box and it downloaded events for EPG but would not do anything with freesat ticked and reported no sources.
With all Uk/Irl sources ticked no sources.
Remove freesat and others ticked it will download sources
no go when all ticked and remove freesat and it gives me sources

Should scanning in ABM and not selecting freesat but fta have this effect with epg issue?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 5
  • no go.jpg
    no go.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 5
Epg deleted and freesat unticked and sources downloaded to hdd and i get this.

Attachments

• fta after epg.jpg
    fta after epg.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 8
  • epg after.jpg
    epg after.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 8
1.Can you please show the screenshot of your EPG settings page.

2. As you want to use EPG Importer, while in the plugin, press menu, it should give you an option to show the log. Upload it to forum.

On the screenshot labelled 'no go' above, once the boxes are ticked you press GREEN to save first, then you press YELLOW to import

Back