EPG update

Hey, some help would be appreciated. I'm trying to do the normal update for the 7day epg on xmltv. For some reason it has the current date as November 1903. Does anyone know if this is a common fault and if so, are there any fixes? Help would be appreciated!

Hey, some help would be appreciated. I'm trying to do the normal update for the 7day epg on xmltv. For some reason it has the current date as November 1903. Does anyone know if this is a common fault and if so, are there any fixes? Help would be appreciated!

need your box info and what image/date your running.....
also maybe an idea to delete your old epg.dat file and try or reformat storage device and download again see if its resolved.

1903-----perhaps you have an pld box:yes!:

Epg is corrupted at storage device---as Mr Dummer says, you need to remove--format key to fat32 --then re-download.
Reaper,

What happens when you try to update?

You haven't actually said that it's causing you a problem.

If it is, you could just try deleting the 2 files, 21.fci & 21.fpg & see if that works.

[h=2]How to install a 7 day EPG on Skybox/openbox/Libertview F5s/V5s etc[/h]

Ensure you have a formatted USB key in the back of your box.
Open MENU and Go to Network settings then Network APP.
Click on XMLTV
Change United Kingdon to Auto update ON.
Press RED button on remote to update.
Now wait 4- 5 minutes to allow key to update
Exit when finished leaving key in back of box.

Reaper.

Thanks reaper that confirms I'm doing it right, however it still has date as 25/11/1903. I'm runnig F5S. I have formatted the USB drive to FAT32 and Updated firmware too but nothin has helped.

Any more solutions?

Thanks

When you download the epg you will find the files on your usb If the epg is wrong when you bring it up on your screen Just delete the files and reload

Yeah tried that with formatting the hard drive and confirming it was in fat32. Tried a new hard drive now and still no luck

---------- Post Merged at 04:53 PM ----------

The epg update is working as when pressing ok for info at the end of the download it bring up the listings. However when pressing epg during normal tv there is nothing. Essentially I think that the box thinks it's 1903!

I tried to simulate the problem to no avail---if it's just the date that's wrong but epg is ok then why not just leave it.
If it's causing problems then try a reflash of firmware from an earlier date as this prolem has turned up before and I think it's actually within the firmware.[PM markburt85 and ask what he did to fix it]
Reaper.

Epg is blank when you press epg however when downloading at the end it says ok for info where u can see the listings. But I need to simply change the date on the box to make it 2015. I'll try find mark.

Epg is blank when you press epg however when downloading at the end it says ok for info where u can see the listings. But I need to simply change the date on the box to make it 2015. I'll try find mark.
Hi, did you find out what was wrong? My v8s is exactly the same!!??

Did you've vet fix this? I have the same issue on my f5s

Sorry about the delay in replying here. Turns out I'm having the same issues as you guys again. I'd imagine it's hit and miss with this way of getting epg, if I manage to get a permanent fix I'll add another post to this thread.

EPG is hit and miss at present--bug in system. Usually the chinese will fix fairly quickly---just be patient. The 1903 date can be cured by either reinstalling f/w or updating with latest.
Reaper.

Back