EPL (2024) options - I'm based in the UK

icz999

hey folks,

Firstly - I sincerely apologise if this is covered to death - though I have had a search on some topics and still am not clear.

I have an IPTV service provider - and all in all it works. The quality of Sky sports etc is fine, there is a lag (noticeable) on football. The rest of the channels are OK, quality varies, you can deffo tell you're watching a 'stream' v a satellite channel etc and on a large TV it's quite noticeable vs watching on a phone.

My question

My main use case is football / EPL and champions league. I'm not really too bothered about English commentary, main thing is getting access to the best potential quality for EPL incl 3pm games.

What would someone recommend - I'd happily pay above and beyond for something that can show all EPL games and champions league in the best avail quality.

Looked into buying an official subs, but it seems VPN can slow down/be blocked relatively easily.

Bein Sports would be great - they show every EPL game and champions league game, but I think they're hot on VPN?

I'd look into putting a dish/sat setup also, if this would be a solid option to get all EPL and champions league games :)

Your best bet if your iptv provider is no good take a test from other suppliers and test it out. On satellite Albanian supersport channels on 16E show most of the premier league games including normally 3/4 3pm games on Saturday or if you thinking on going on motorised dish then there’s plenty of other channels that show football.

Usually all on sat using forever server service it opens sky tnt DigitalB etc

For example using forever server receiver on satellite on 16e and eng Comms

Jan 30
7.30pm
Nottingham Forest v Arsenal Supersport 2

7.45pm
Fulham v Everton Supersport 4
Luton Town v Brighton H.A Supersport 5

8pm
Aston Villa v Newcastle United Supersport 3
Crystal Palace v Sheffield United Supersport 6

Jan 31
7.30pm
Manchester City v Burnley Supersport 3
Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford Supersport 4

8.15pm
Liverpool v Chelsea Supersport 2

Feb 1
7.30pm
West Ham United v Bournemouth Supersport 4

8.15pm
Wolves v Manchester United Supersport 3

Thanks very much for this mate. It looks like getting EPL champions league etc is still very possible via sat which does give a huge benefit in terms of sat quality v streams

Looks like digitalB has most footy showing on super sports does it make sense just to point a satellite receiver in UK to 16e? Thanks mate

Thanks very much for this mate. It looks like getting EPL champions league etc is still very possible via sat which does give a huge benefit in terms of sat quality v streams

Looks like digitalB has most footy showing on super sports does it make sense just to point a satellite receiver in UK to 16e? Thanks mate
No CL games on 16e

Peacocktv and a shared login for Slingtv, this combo gets you all EPL games
Livescore app (vpn set to Ireland) gets you all UCL

There are other different combos to get the above, its more of a personal preference tbh

You need to also weigh up all costs involved ..if you want to go down route of Sat dish then you will need appropriate receiver...maybe a line depending on which u get...then the dish likely needs to be motorised for what you want to watch. Is it something you can install or then need pay installer.

As @Markeymark says quality via peacock is great and with the addition of sling/directv you got all 380 EPL then UCL can go livescore app or then paramount US...most vpns and dns work on these and at a fraction of the cost to the alternative.

Ultimately your decision good luck

You need to also weigh up all costs involved ..if you want to go down route of Sat dish then you will need appropriate receiver...maybe a line depending on which u get...then the dish likely needs to be motorised for what you want to watch. Is it something you can install or then need pay installer.

As @Markeymark says quality via peacock is great and with the addition of sling/directv you got all 380 EPL then UCL can go livescore app or then paramount US...most vpns and dns work on these and at a fraction of the cost to the alternative.

Ultimately your decision good luck
The picture quality on satellite is always much better than iptv. I have both and only watch iptv when the games are not shown on satellite.

The picture quality on satellite is always much better than iptv. I have both and only watch iptv when the games are not shown on satellite.
I have both and won't say way better but fractions at the most...delay was one of big advantages of Sat and my iptv sometimes comes down to 5 secs behind and on 1 occasion someone confirmed was ahead of Sat.

But I was referring to subs of apps.. they will have more of a delay tho than Sat. We are spoilt for choice 😊

I wouldn't agree that Satellite is always better where picture quality is concerned. Unless you are watching via a high bitrate feed, many of the channels (I would even include Sky Sports DE) I've noticed artefacts and blocky images at times. Whereas when I watch on Peacock, the quality looks a lot better on my TV. But if we're talking about latency, yes satellite will always win.

I remember when I was in Spain and the pub was showing the same game on Sky De and Dazn and Sky was much better.

Amazon is the prime example, no pun intended, of how great a stream can be! I think they can probably hold their own against most Sat feeds.

I remember when I was in Spain and the pub was showing the same game on Sky De and Dazn and Sky was much better.

Amazon is the prime example, no pun intended, of how great a stream can be! I think they can probably hold their own against most Sat feeds.
💯 amazon have some of the best quality feeds....its a shame someone on here who can add 🤣 emojis to any post that remotely suggests some iptv and legit subs can compete with sat ...yet can't have any valuable input into the conversation lol

@tqd12 I thought I was the only one seeing the artifacts your taking abt ..I don't recall that happening on CS days...maybe as this goes through a server of some sort so u will always get it now and again.

The people who talk about sat over iptv have had both, they just made the decision that sateliite Is the better option for the better quality. If you care about the picture you wstch satellite, if you want quantity over quality iptv is your best option.

The people who talk about sat over iptv have had both, they just made the decision that sateliite Is the better option for the better quality. If you care about the picture you wstch satellite, if you want quantity over quality iptv is your best option.

I have had Sky Q and Sky Stream and I cannot tell the difference in picture quality. When Amazon show EPL games, I would be surprised if there is any satellite channel out there that shows a better picture for those games than Amazon.

From my many trips around Europe, I have noticed that some countries have poor picture quality on Satellite. I remember when I was in Tirana last year, even though they had an LG Oled in the bar, the picture was atrocious, and that signal was coming through a dish.

I have seen good iptv feeds but I am yet to see a feed with out the ball flickering.
Depends on the how many FPS the feed is.
The higher the better.
Also if you are using auto frame rates on your device or app to match the feed.
Ideally you want 50fps or 60fps for sports.
Also depends what kind of TV you own and the picture settings on the TV can have an effect also.

Last edited:
Back