Discussion in 'Zgemma-star 2S' started by 62drew, Dec 24, 2016.
Can you help? I keep getting the following message and I haven’t got a clue what to do.
Your time shift settings are wrong. You need to go to Timeshift settings and ensure it's set to save to media/HDD/Timeshift folder.
Is your usb formatted and mounted?
same thing happening to me. very frustrating. ive changed the settings to media/HDD/timeshift and it changed itself back to media/HDD almost immediately. ive tried initialising the usb which wouldnt work and rebooting and still no joy. any help would be fantastic as i think im losing my marbles here
The message is telling you that the
HDD is not formatted to a filesystem that supports timeshift. (ext2, 3 or 4).
HDD won't initialise on the box, try doing it on your PC with third party software.
Willo3092 How to: Format with Partition Wizard - Downloads - TechKings
Hardlink to Timeshift**Error Fix
1. Format a USB to NTFS...put USB stick into pc/laptop whatever u want to call it and right click. When list pops up click on format. Select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)
2. Put USB**in the front of box. Press menu then setup. Go down to system and press ok. Next select storage devices and select initialisation. your USB will be highlighted and press ok. Initialise (red button)
3. Create swap file.**Press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager.**Press green to create>select 256 mb> wait until its finished then press activate (red button) then press yellow to autostart. Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.
4. Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to: /media/hdd. Press green to save. Then exit back to the start.
5. Press menu>setup>recordings & Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.
6. Press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device. Then press exit once (1). Scroll down to Download now and press ok