1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory reset

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by bluegashead, Dec 19, 2016.

1. bluegashead

bluegashead Registered

Hi if I did a factory reset on either an H2H or H2s would it also wipe the line off?

2. Andy Mcd

Andy Mcd Registered

Yea mate be sure to back your line up before even attempting that can take a copy of your line by taking a picture on your phone

3. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Don't factory reset, it just screws the box up and you will need to reflash.
    If you're planning on flashing the box anyway, just flash it. It will wipe any existing data. (as Andy say, backup your line).

4. bluegashead

bluegashead Registered

Ok thankyou for that, I have 2 zgemma boxes connected to my virgin media modem, can having to many devices connected to it cause it to freeze as I seem to be having this issue and if so how can I get around this? Thanks

5. siilver

siilver TK Veteran

Yea the software reset doesn't work at all.
    Needs to be a flash a d it wipes everything other than usbs or memory cards

6. Pale-Rider

Pale-Rider Registered

All the factory reset option does is wipe the user area (this is where your line is also stored). It does not return the receiver to factory standard, you would need to reflash the original factory image for that, something the zgemma does not actually possess.