1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Zgemma-star 2S' started by noobiekev, Jun 9, 2016.

1. noobiekev

noobiekev Registered

Hi, anyone tell me how to do a total factory reset of Star 2s please?

2. kiddac

kiddac

Factory reset doesn't work on zgemmas. It crashes the box.

The cleanest way to do a factory reset, is to reflash a new image from zgemma.tv (make sure you have a copy of your line details as these will be wiped)

Have a look at the stickies at the top. I have a barebones guide which provides step by step instructions on how to do this.

3. noobiekev

noobiekev Registered

Cheers man.

Ive got a box with IPAB on it but its very slow so I was trying to flash with Wooshbuild but the box wont Flash just get BOOT on display!
    It will flash again with IPAB, something funny goin on

4. kiddac

kiddac

Whats ipab?

5. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    I ipab image is similar to wooshmans openatv that uses his online update. I haven't used it myself but others say it's great looking at his instructions he uses his own version of autobouqete e2

6. noobiekev

noobiekev Registered

Why would this box run slow and the exact same setup works perfectly

7. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 VIP Member

Male
    I'm not sure what you mean the 2s is quite slow compared to the h2s one thing you could do is run cachflush and delete any plugins not used

8. noobiekev

noobiekev Registered

OK
    Ive got 2 boxes both 2s, both IPAB but 1 box runs quicker and smoother than the other. I was gonna reflash with another image (wooshbuild) but the box wont flash, although it will flash if I put IPAB back on :beg:

How do you do a cacheflush?

9. 1554leslie

1554leslie Self Closed Account

What usb are you using to flash the box with

10. noobiekev

noobiekev Registered

Formatted to fat32, put folder across, job done, dunno the make but seems to work

11. kiddac

kiddac

bloody helll, that guy who created that image, has a £4 coffee kitty. mines £3 for a beer....and I created the skin. :)
    I am not slagging him off too much though. There is quite a bit of information on ipab tv so he has made quite an effort with his builds, user guides etc.