Few questions regarding EPG

wivelden

I have a few problems with the Program Guide and EPG. Running VIX.

1) When I press Down Arrow for the TV Guide then press All I get duplicate entries for some channels. Some are duplicated 2 to 5 times. Why is this and is it possible to fix?

2) In the EPG some entries like Syfy +1 shows BBC 1 when pressed. How do I fix this?

3) Some entries in the EPG show channels which are just numbers and some channels do not show programs. Again how can I fix this?

Are all these related? I am trying to get it as close to S*y Epg as possible to make it easier to use hence why I am using the BLUEHD skin.

Thanks

Last edited:
Try

Menu
Setup
Service Searching
Autobouquets Maker
Providers (check in herre what areas are sekected and if bouquets are showing - you can choose not to display bouquets)
Then back out and choose 'start scan'

Should hopefully sort it for you

To have channels showing listings in EPG you need to download EPG and make sure you have USB mounted to store EPG data

Menu
Setup
System
EPG
CrRoss EPG
Download now

slightly different crossepg on these dude.
just
menu
setup
crossepg
download now.

But first make sure
menu
setup
system
epg
settings. Save to /media/hdd

I don't think crossepg the problem because he presses down for epg than red for all. I could be wrong but when doing that it shows all favourites that's why you might get multiple channels. It'll be easier to just press epg then all channels or press down then blue then all channels.

Make sure u select a channel in main epg too. Can sometimes reset the providers ur in.

---------- Post Merged at 09:33 PM ----------

I don't think crossepg the problem because he presses down for epg than red for all. I could be wrong but when doing that it shows all favourites that's why you might get multiple channels. It'll be easier to just press epg then all channels or press down then blue then all channels.

Your right. Pressing ↑↓ then red is a bad idea. Should just be blue. Or Ch+ Ch-

Just the way it arranges them. I stay in all channels mostly because of it.
also if ur in entertainment channel numbers don't react the same.

when the epg is saved to the hdd doesnt this mean the hdd has to spin every time the epg is accessed or do you have ur usb mounted as hdd? I would have thought the epg would be better on /media/usb?

Doesnt matter if its usb or hdd. Still gets called /hdd for mounts. /usb is for secondary mount. Again regardless of device type.

Found another little problem. All recordings in the planner list have the bottom of the font cut off no matter what size font I increase or decrease it to. It seem the allocated area for the text isn't deep enough.

---------- Post Merged at 10:29 AM ----------

Try

Menu
Setup
Service Searching
Autobouquets Maker
Providers (check in herre what areas are sekected and if bouquets are showing - you can choose not to display bouquets)

To have channels showing listings in EPG you need to download EPG and make sure you have USB mounted to store EPG data

Menu
Setup
System
EPG
CrRoss EPG
Download now

This worked for me thank you.

Last edited:
Change number of rows not font?

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 PM ----------

i have my usb mounted as meda/usb and my hdd as media/hdd tho?

Well if u want them on usb set to usb. I just noticed myself that mounts can be changed when rebooting with both usbs occupied so I recommend against. But could just be me

Found another little problem. All recordings in the planner list have the bottom of the font cut off no matter what size font I increase or decrease it to. It seem the allocated area for the text isn't deep enough.

Try

Menu
Setup
Service Searching
Autobouquets Maker

Menu
Setup
System
EPG
CrRoss EPG
Download now

I keep getting the some sort of error message

AutoboquetsMaker
Timeout for Tuner Lock

Jmcgu13 are u using atv? Known error.
if vix make sure both tuner configs are set up. And make sure both cables are correctly inserted and not in 'loop' lnb.

What does Cross Epg error: Timeout for tuner lock mean? Epg is more or less blank on listings so trying to download again but will not work due to this message. Sorry if I am repeating any other posts lol

Try

Menu
Setup
Service Searching
Autobouquets Maker

Menu
Setup
System
EPG
CrRoss EPG
Download now

Open your list of recordings > Then press menu > Settings > Scroll down to "Number of rows" >
Press left until number changes (9 is suggested) > Green for OK to save changes

Back