Final decision on new box!

esm

Hi guys,

I am about to purchase a new box this week, having moved from an Amiko Alien 2 receiver to a VM line in my new house.

I am looking for a dual cable receiver.

I have narrowed my options down to the following but would appreciate some advice between the 2:

• Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2
  • Vu+ Solo SE V2

As I understand it, the VU is a faster box (1300mhz processor vs 751mhz, double the ram & flash) but does this warrant the extra £30 in the real world?

I like the fact the Technomate takes an internal HDD but I am using an external atm so not too fussed. I also do not currently need the extra satellite tuner offered by the Technomate.

Any other reasons to choose one over the other? I have used a VU Solo before and was impressed by the simplicity and speed.

Cheers!
Jimmy

Stick with what you know, but the extra feed is there if needed my wife would not do without a twin tuner. lol

Vu all the way.
The extra £30 is money well spent.
Not alot about them on here as they just work.

Interesting you say that, lack of information was putting me off the Solo Se V2 but you are probably right, they just work!

Got a VU cracking box. Simple to set up. Can even download VU player from app store and watch all channels on phone and tablet. :)

Biting the bullet and purchasing the VU today :)

Final question! Which firmware is preferable on these boxes?

I have only previously used OpenVix which seemed decent, though will it matter if I am purchasing a Cable tuner and therefore Vermin channel list?

I got my duo2 combo with ATV on it and seems solid. I looked at a poll and black hole seems to be most popular. There's forums with backups to help initIally too. I'll be trying black hole tonight hopefully!

Back