Firestick/BT Hub/Tivimate Settings

atothep

Hello All,

I've started to have a few issues recently with buffering issues on almost all the channels I watch (Sky Sports etc.) The provider seems like a legit chap and is a veteran on here so I'm just trying to work out what settings I may have wrong?

I've downloaded a speed test on the stick and get 100mbs+
I've checked my BT hub and have smart settings turned off
I run Nord VPN and have had issues with it turned on and off. Should it generally run smoother with or without the vpn?
I have deleted cache and made sure Firestick and Tivimate are updated.
Should I be playing around with any settings in Tivimate?

Any other ideas?

Many thanks

Nord can kill things. Try something like surfshark. If you are wireless wont help if you are too far away from router.

110 meg is total input. Are there any heavy users in your house e.g gamers

Hello All,

I've started to have a few issues recently with buffering issues on almost all the channels I watch (Sky Sports etc.) The provider seems like a legit chap and is a veteran on here so I'm just trying to work out what settings I may have wrong?

I've downloaded a speed test on the stick and get 100mbs+
I've checked my BT hub and have smart settings turned off
I run Nord VPN and have had issues with it turned on and off. Should it generally run smoother with or without the vpn?
I have deleted cache and made sure Firestick and Tivimate are updated.
Should I be playing around with any settings in Tivimate?

Any other ideas?

Many thanks
Best to contact your provider and see what he recommends! The speed test should show you the speed you get with Nord, try a few different countries to see if it betters it.

Also if running a speed test from within the app your using there not 100% accurate it’s always better to try out different locations to see which is more suited.
Have you tried hot spotting from phone to fire stick with no vpn on to see if issues persist if they don’t then it could possibly be a couple of things your vpn your setup or your provider having an issue

Nord can kill things. Try something like surfshark. If you are wireless wont help if you are too far away from router.

110 meg is total input. Are there any heavy users in your house e.g gamers
Thanks Mike,

I'll give surfshark a go. Stick and the router are only a foot apart so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm the only user in the house so that shouldn't be an issue.

If you have the same issues using VPN or not then its not the VPN at fault.

You seem to have done everything you possibly could and no setting in Tivimate will help.

Try the sub on a mobile phone, if your still experiencing those issue well it looks like a provider issue to me.

If you have the same issues using VPN or not then its not the VPN at fault.

You seem to have done everything you possibly could and no setting in Tivimate will help.

Try the sub on a mobile phone, if your still experiencing those issue well it looks like a provider issue to me.
Is there a Tivimate app available for ios? Will I be able to log in with the same details as my firestick or does it technically count as a second subscription?

Does your provider have a discord/Telegram/WhatsApp group? Often the quickest way of checking if an issue is user or provider end is by asking another customer to check the channels that are buffering at the time you're watching them.

Is there a Tivimate app available for ios? Will I be able to log in with the same details as my firestick or does it technically count as a second subscription?
No but if you have url user and pass you can use other apps to check the buffering.

Does your provider have a discord/Telegram/WhatsApp group? Often the quickest way of checking if an issue is user or provider end is by asking another customer to check the channels that are buffering at the time you're watching them.
Yeah he does. He's been really responsive and has no issues at his end. However me and my friends have both had issues. Weirdly it worked fine for a few months and just recently has been unwatchable.

Try rebooting device and router by switching both off at the mains, looks like the only step you've missed from post number 1.

Which firestick is it, (max seems to have problems with my supplier) does your provider have their own app to try, and as baz says try on phone.

Yeah he does. He's been really responsive and has no issues at his end. However me and my friends have both had issues. Weirdly it worked fine for a few months and just recently has been unwatchable.
If your friends are having the same issues it sounds more like a supplier issue mate.

When you try on your mobile phone ensure you are on 4g and not your home WiFi.

I think a test from another supplier is a good idea though so you can test if it you or supplier issue.

Back