Flash Drives

aniiimal

Hi I am a neewbie and have just purchased a Zgemma H2s

I have read online that their may be problems with certain flash drives for flashing box

Any advice on ones that work or don't work

Thanks in advance

Andy

As far as I'm concerned there's no problem with any drives (unless fake or faulty) as long as they are prepared properly.
I personally use a Cruzer Facet 8gb and it's never let me down but I have used about 30 usb's of varying age and size and they all work.

I have used Kingston, TDK, Sandisk and even unbranded ones upto 32gb, all worked fine......As the previous post stated, they just need to be prepared correctly

usb issues is not a myth as loads have had issues even on original receivers,most forums usually state not bigger than 8gb,kingston,cruzer and integral work for me.

I still think loads of people have had issues because they think a simple Windows format will do the job, and usually it won't.
I've flashed my ZG with a 500Gb bus powered HDD and a 128mb microsd card in a usb adapter so I'm firmly of the opinion that it's preparation rather than the media that causes the problems.

I have found doing a full format in Fat32 is what works for me and I have used some rubbish usb sticks just to see if they will work and they have! I have seen loads of errors that have been the data on the stick has been the problem or they have not unzipped etc.

Back