Formuler or BuzzTV box for IPTV streaming?

I believe you should be able to get one of Amazon warehouse for decent price with 20% off..if the offer still running, if not black Friday around the corner

I have a new Firestick 4k Max which was given to me as part of a warranty claim -
I was thinking of waiting for the Formula 11 to go on sale but reading this thread it seems to still have bugs on it.

I only use the device to watch IPTV and maybe cinema HD - Do you guys think it is worth upgrading to a shield PRO or is there any other alternative?
Given the new firestick 4k max comes with an updated OS and Specs + I will be using an ethernet connection to get around 300-400 MB (which I believe is more than enough for streaming purpose )

Thoughts on this please? Thanks

I have a new Firestick 4k Max which was given to me as part of a warranty claim -
I was thinking of waiting for the Formula 11 to go on sale but reading this thread it seems to still have bugs on it.

I only use the device to watch IPTV and maybe cinema HD - Do you guys think it is worth upgrading to a shield PRO or is there any other alternative?
Given the new firestick 4k max comes with an updated OS and Specs + I will be using an ethernet connection to get around 300-400 MB (which I believe is more than enough for streaming purpose )

I've got a Shield, 4k stick and have previously owned a Formuler device. I'd say get the stick set up and see if it suits your needs, no point spending on another device when you've got one perfectly capable already.

Formulers never go on sale and if they do its only a couple of quid, not worth waiting for usually

I've got a Shield, 4k stick and have previously owned a Formuler device. I'd say get the stick set up and see if it suits your needs, no point spending on another device when you've got one perfectly capable already.
Yeah I think I`ll do that. I was going to swap it out with another device from Amazon which would probably mean I`d have to put in around £70 (depending on the price on BF)
Have you got any experience with the AI upscaling? does it make a big difference with IPTV streams?

Yeah I think I`ll do that. I was going to swap it out with another device from Amazon which would probably mean I`d have to put in around £70 (depending on the price on BF)
Have you got any experience with the AI upscaling? does it make a big difference with IPTV streams?

Tbh with the quality of iptv streams these days the upscaling feature is virtually redundant. Back when 25/30fps sports streams were the norm it did make a noticeable difference to the quality imo but others say it doesn't upscale streams any more than their tv already does.

Tbh with the quality of iptv streams these days the upscaling feature is virtually redundant. Back when 25/30fps sports streams were the norm it did make a noticeable difference to the quality imo but others say it doesn't upscale streams any more than their tv already does.
I'll keep that Firestick. I'm sold :)

I have two shields , pro and tube and I have to say , after using virtually every box known to man for over a decade , there's nothing touches the shield. If you aren't gaming then the tube is perfect , no need shell out for the pro.
A1 upscaling , I use it all the time and to be honest I have never noticed a difference in the quality of the picture , enabled or disabled.
It must work because I tried to enable it whilst watching a 4K move last night and a message popped up saying stream was full quality.

Upscaling is one of the reasons I was thinking about the shield. My 4K tv is quite old now and doesn’t have upscaling itself.
4K max is working perfectly for me but I know how sluggish they get after a while to the point where they are unusable. The shield would likely last me years. Can’t make up my mind. 😂

I have a 4k stick and 4k max stick and a fire TV cube. I have never noticed them become sluggish myself, and I never clean the caches etc etc. my only issue with the sticks is they easily run out of memory and you have to delete apps, clear the downloaded apks.

The fire cube has more memory so doesn't seem to run out so easy.

Tbf though if I didn't have these already ,I would definitely be looking at some of the buzz TV boxes, and they look decent, maybe instead of the firetv cube. But I think I did buy it when it was half price.

You may all be replacing your amazon devices next year lol

Even if Amazon ditched android wouldn’t be long till someone figured out how to jailbreak there own operating system

Upscaling is one of the reasons I was thinking about the shield. My 4K tv is quite old now and doesn’t have upscaling itself.
4K max is working perfectly for me but I know how sluggish they get after a while to the point where they are unusable. The shield would likely last me years. Can’t make up my mind. 😂
The best thing to do is to set yourself a reminder just before the warranty expiry which is 1 year - call them up and ask them to replace it.
I get a feeling Amazon just want us to buy the firestick every year. They should have more optimising features such as a global cache cleaner etc but that would mean it wouldn`t increase sales of new versions.

Just turn off updates. Alot of apps won't be supported but if you only use it for iptv which the majority do it should still work

I'm pretty sure the FireStick is capped at 100mbps on Ethernet. Not that you'd need more though.

Back