2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 10
When fault finding, do not use plugins like AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) or Auto Bouquets 28.2 (AB 28.2).
Instead perform a "manual scan". It is is with Tuners & Scanning or Reception

Tuner: Select the Tuner you want to use
Type of scan: Change to Single satellite
Satellite: Set to 28.2 (unless you are scanning another satellite)
Network Scan: I set this to no from past experience. However it is meant to use the NIT table
Clear before scan: Set to Yes to remove existing services it does not find.
Only Free scan: Leave this to default of "no"

Manual scan.jpg

You should receive 850+ services. If you don't, it could be an LNB fault, (some will misbehave when two receivers are connected to it) alignment, cabling fault, tuner fault, PSU fault or f-plug connector issue.

28.2 scan result.jpg

Last edited:
jimupc1, have you tried disconnecting your sat cable, then make sure theres no bends or kinks in it, then do another manual scan, sometimes the most simplist things can be the problem.

Is it normal to get 'errors' when using the DisEqC test? I've tried multiple times but still getting errors although I still get 869 channels found :unsure:

DisEqC.png

DisEqC result.jpg

Scan.jpg

Is it normal to get 'errors' when using the DisEqC test? I've tried multiple times but still getting errors although I still get 869 channels found :unsure:

I don't usually post about diseqc tester, but one of the veterans here posts abut it. Wish I hadn't now. :grimacing:

Anyway, let see if we can update the plugin source although that will be of no use to the OP

I re flashed GB Freerange on mines and it scanned in 855 channels, so it was either that it needed a re flash or it may have been something to do with the cable wire, as I had moved it around a bit when I disconnected it to try it on the tv, hence my earlier post for jimupc1 to try that.

Downloaded the updated satellites.xml file and loaded onto box but still only 399 channels on single satellite and 428 channels on auto scan.
Checked sat twin cables and they look ok and power source is giving 12.4 volts.
When I check the signal finder on other channels its giving good readings AGC of 98 etc. but nothing on channel 5 or missing channels even though they are showing as playing.
So maybe the LNB but I would have to get someone to change that ,as it's on the roof

I used Dreambox edit and I think I removed the sat.xml file in enigma 2 and I had already uploaded the updated sat.xml file using Filezilla and now I have most of the channels back again, well about 650 channels but I have the missing one's that I needed.

I'm finding it hard to connect with the zgemma box using dreambox and Filezilla, I'm using the IP address on the box but it keeps giving an error and I now can't find the zgemma file anymore probably because it's not connecting properly so I will have to look at more tutorials,it's all new to me.

My next door neighbour also has a sky dish which he's not using so he said I could use his if I need to ,which means I would not have to get up on the roof as you could probably just splice the cable on the wall.

Thanks for all your help

Samba is running with autostart enabled and FTP is running but autostart is disabled and when I use the yellow button to enable it nothing happens.
Filezilla shows this message when I try to connect:
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS *********************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server.

I still don't know how to look at the files in Dreamboxedit as when I go to FTP it does not show the network with the zgemma folder so I ma doing something wrong.

I also get that message " Status: Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS. " and i press okay to continue.

As Willo just mentioned new images need a password setup on box via remote and write it down as you will forget it.

Filezilla now needs your password entered to connect and enter box and double check ip of box is entered correctly.

Forgot to mention to run a network scan to see its all green and box is connected to internet.

You had updated satellites.xml file before. So I think there is some other issue at play. You will no doubt run into other issues as you are not receiving all channels. Best you flash ATV 6.4 instead of staying on 6.1. You will need to add a password for FTP etc.

Regarding your neighbours cable, you can't split/share satellite signal. So you cant splice, you will have to disconnect the cable going to your neighbour's house. Make sure you make the cable water tight.

HI, Network is green and working fine.
I don't think I have a new image it's just Openatv6.1 which was installed last Sept. and it was working ok until a few weeks ago.
I have'nt put grogbuild on because its working ok at the moment and my wife will have a fit if I try and we lose the channels again as she uses it constantly for recording programmes onto the seperate hard drive.
I'm just trying to learn how to use Dreambox and Filezilla so that if it happens again that I will have some idea instead of bothering everybody.
How do you put a password on the box anyway as it does not show it in the network section only FTP,SAMBA ETC unless its listed as something else ??

Back