Ftp to zgemma 2s

IP address unconfirmed

I have recently bought a box for my dad and it has been a nightmare to set up I am trying to add the line but I need the box IP address which currently says unconfirmed - I am stuck and cant go any further at the moment please help? - btw I am recieving the freeview channels at the moment but the pay per view channels are obviously blocked

That's a pain in the arse I know how you feel I was there..sounds like a modem issue..which it was for me...did you reboot modem and box to see if that worked?

---------- Post Merged at 04:23 PM ----------

You can get the IP address also by..pressing menu and going into information

---------- Post Merged at 04:23 PM ----------

And then network...

If it's unconfirmed your network is not working to box try rebooting router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have TP network link via the plug (router is upstairs and TV downstairs)

To clarify I am able to view free channels. I spent 4 hours yesterday and had to give up - missed all the football ;-(

If it is a router issue how do I find my IP address for the box?

Last edited:
its defo the router/modem.. i had the same grief dude and wasted hours trying to fix it...i was on here annoying people for help....when its unconfirmed it means your box is getting no internet to it...i had to do a manual reset on my modem..

---------- Post Merged at 04:46 PM ----------

are you using ethernet cable or homeplugs as an interest?

Yes - I am using home plugs (TP Link powerline adapter)

I did a network test and I am getting LAN plus I can view freeview channels but cant add my line because the IP is unconfirmed, I have restarted the modem (switched off & back on) but other than that I dont know what to do?

manual reset of modem worked for me...there seemed to be a glitch in the matrix as they say..but give it a go you've nothing to lose....tiny hole at the back of modem.use a pin or pen to keep it pressed in for about 45 seconds and release...while thats rebooting itself...reboot the zgemma also..it can be very frustrating alright

Thanks for your help, I will do a reset tomorrow at my Dads and hopefully that will resolve the issue :-)

---------- Post Merged at 05:12 PM ----------

Just a check is it the IP address of my computer that I need?

Being new to this , I can't get my head around this ftp which i have installed on my PC which is in a different room to my Zgemma box, so how do i put the info into the box in "laymans language". The reason that people get confused is a lot of replies seem to be in a way that the person who is learning finds hard to understand.

Being new to this , I can't get my head around this ftp which i have installed on my PC which is in a different room to my Zgemma box, so how do i put the info into the box in "laymans language". The reason that people get confused is a lot of replies seem to be in a way that the person who is learning finds hard to understand.

Have you tried moving your computer into the same room as the Box? It needs to be within 6" for the ftp to work.

or follow kiddacs barebones guide that's stickied.

Okay i've managed to borrow a PC from someone, so once i get filezilla setup do i do the transfer using a USB cable , do I use the front port or the rear one.

Okay i've managed to borrow a PC from someone, so once i get filezilla setup do i do the transfer using a USB cable , do I use the front port or the rear one.

Oh right, I was joking about the 6" thing. You just need the IP address of the box, type it into FileZilla and away you go. Box and computer need to be on the Same network

Back