german sheperd potty training

MRmr

german shep.jpghi this is my german sheperd hes called casper hes 26weeks old and a very big lad for his age im posted on here to see if people could possibly help me out ive tryed alot of ways to get him to go to the potty outside but nothing seems to work could someone point me in the right direction plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all advice will be great

It's a lovely animal, very unusual colouring, I know feck all about dogs, but I am sure that Dee might have some pointers for you, I think Ferg may have dogs too. someone is bound to have some knowledge. best of luck

thanks yes he was one of four white ones absolute beaut of a dog very bright i dont get it he does all these good tricks like high 5 and all the basics like lie down and stuff but he wont no matter how long i have him out have a wee or poo then when i bring him back in the house within 5-10min he does it at the back door :(

Lovely Dog (y)

Have a look here for a few pointers:

Code:
http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=toilet+train+german+sheperd&oq=toilet+train+german+sheperd&gs_l=hp.3..0i13j0i13i30l2j0i8i13i30.5530.11554.0.12615.14.8.0.6.6.0.183.626.7j1.8.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.2.hp.647LIpkkap4&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42080656,d.d2k&fp=5c94a929f9995f38&biw=1024&bih=585

aww whata beaut!! when you out does he not see other dogs "go" i know usually they sniff around trees n places until they are happy with the scent thne they can tiddle, as for no2's msot dogs ive sene jstu seem to stop and go - sorry gotta laugh but a dog yesterday decided he neede to go right in the middle of the road - rather dangerous but he had to go!!!
has he always done it at home - did you house train him- if so and you used puppy pads maybe hes a little confused!
hope you get him sorted! keep us posted

thanks linny yes he was trained to go on pads but ive been trying to get him off the pads for a while but im having no look ive seached the whole of google :( and youtube but nothing seems to work

I have 2 dogs one was never house trained and i can tell u now u got to be hard on him,put his food and newspaper or pads what ever he is used to at your door that leads to the garden every time u feed him let him out after if he does a wee out side make a fuss off him reward him with treats if he does it in doors wipe his nose in it then take him out side,when i say hard on him i dont mean beat the crap out off him but u have to show him who is the boss or he walk all over u,make sure u let him in the garden alot even if its every hour to he gets the hang off it.

aww bless sounds like hes just a little confused, how about putting the pads outside the door so he knows to use them but outside - bit difficult in this weather but even if as you go out side you put the pad down he sees it and knows what to do, he might then realise that once hes outside he dont need the pad, do you have like a dry area outside where you could put the pad even if its under a table or something. See how he goes

ive tryed the pad outside thing that was in the snow thou so im gonna try it again this month to see how it goes thanks everyone for the comments :peace:

Just be patient with him, soon as does anything inside, show it to him and scold him right away, put him outside immediately and praise him when he does his business outside.

He's still very young, it'll take some time for him to get the message, some dogs take longer to get it then other dogs do.

He is a very handsome pup :)

Back