Getting a doctor's appointment

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Anyone else struggle to get a doctor's appointment since covid.

I have for a while now.

My symptoms are one numb arm right side, lots of pins and needles, alot of cramp legs arms and fingers.

Now I have a bad pain in my lower back shooting into my legs. It's got to a point now we're my leg just gives in and I nearly drop to the floor.

I haven't missed any work yet but can see it happening as this morning was horrendous trying to get out of bed was hard work.

Doctor said I need to move more and take zapain, they only say this as I weigh 19 stone. But if only they knew how many steps I do in my job and walking my dog. I'm easily doing 20k steps and sometimes upto 30k a day

I'm healthy as I think I should be I walk up mountains and everything. I am big but Christ I am healthier than most of the people I work with who weigh alot less

I fear I'm taking to many zapain. It's so good at getting rid of the pain though.

I've tried everything else but nothing works, I've even had to buy zapain of a friend who can get loads.

The docs won't see me they won't do anything. I even went when my mental health declined from doing 70-80 hours weeks and no breaks. Poured my heart out to them and all they said is what do you want us to do?. The best thing I could do is lose weight and download a calm app to chill me out.

It is worrying me now what if something serious is up and I'm just not getting diagnosed?

All this as happened as well as a really bad heartburn I can't even drink water without getting heartburn and all they gave me was omperazol and told me they will work. Said I needed a camera down my throat to my stomach to see why. But said if tablets work just carry on with them...

I've tried coming off these and it goes horrendous and I can't live without the tablets it knocks me sideways and the heart burn gets worse than ever.

I think all these symptoms are linked myself

There is only one doctors around too so not alot of choice

Trapped nerve in back can make legs go weak as i have back issues also .

Are the cramps at night or during the day as i had cramps in bed and taking Magnesium tablets helped.

Bad mattress getting a bad night's sleep can also give you issues.

I think i was given tablets for heartburn which i did not have as i would choke on a rice krispies.
My issues with this was oversized thyroid and needed to be removed.
Does sound like something is not right.

Are you of an age where you can book in for a MOT type appointment with the nurse? This might put the ball in their court if you bring concerns up.

Awful state our NHS is in, any chance you can pay to access private health care through your job?

Either way, all the best and I hope you get the support/treatment you need.

All this as happened as well as a really bad heartburn I can't even drink water without getting heartburn and all they gave me was omperazol and told me they will work. Said I needed a camera down my throat to my stomach to see why. But said if tablets work just carry on with them...
Don't know about cramps and numbness, but this sounds like Hiatus hernia to me (google it), I have it and am on Lansoprazole (stronger omeprazole), I started with 2 a day , now get by on 1 and eat plenty of curries and drink, also insist on the camera thing, got to say your GP sounds f*cking useless, good luck pal

I've had camera down the throat and also up the Gary Glitter, they could have waved to each other if it had been on the same day. They didn't find anything but then again I don't suppose they were looking, it's just going through the motions on their part.
To the op, you're having too many zapain, you mentioned it yourself in the first post.
I have zapain, they do nothing for my knee pain or toothache so it seems it's all in your mind and they're probably making things worse for you.

Since COVID everything has gone to shit, blood tests?
I used to walk into the hospital or medical centre, take a numbered ticket and wait five to ten minutes to give a sample - it didn't matter if there were forty people in front of me, there were four or five nurses taking blood.
Four people in there for a minute each meant they could do easily 15 tests in five minutes.
Now there's still four or five nurses taking blood but they can only see two people every twenty minutes between them.
And you have to book a blood test for 10-15 days down the line, whereas before you could get the form from the Dr at 10am, have the test before 11am and wait a few days for the result.
Since COVID it takes a month because the staff are doing a twentieth of the work.
Give em a rise I say

Forgot to say most of this was all done over the phone. I've seen the doctor once.

Yes could ask for a blood test but it's getting past the receptionist she wants to know everything

Are you of an age where you can book in for a MOT type appointment with the nurse? This might put the ball in their court if you bring concerns up.

Awful state our NHS is in, any chance you can pay to access private health care through your job?

Either way, all the best and I hope you get the support/treatment you need.
40 just turned. Was fine until then ha.

Trapped nerve in back can make legs go weak as i have back issues also .

Are the cramps at night or during the day as i had cramps in bed and taking Magnesium tablets helped.

Bad mattress getting a bad night's sleep can also give you issues.

I think i was given tablets for heartburn which i did not have as i would choke on a rice krispies.
My issues with this was oversized thyroid and needed to be removed.
Does sound like something is not right.
Get hand cramps all day long. Legs and feet at night.

I tried magnesium and it give a dodgy belly.

Yes I think it could be ciatica

I do worry aswell as they asked if I have any numbness down below. Which I do have

But all my vains in my testicles have collapsed two years ago. said very similar to vericose vains.

Noticed a lump and thought the worse. They did actually see me for this but got a lecture about how I am risking everyone's life in the doctors because of covid.

Checked it over had to goto hospital with this for a scan on them.

Hospital were ace said it's In a bad state one of the worse they had seen. Told me there was loads they could do. Told me how they sort it etc.

Had to wait for my doctor then to make me appointment and that etc.

Waited for months. Phoned the doctors was told same what do you want us to do now then?. I said hospital gave me options and said you would sort this for me once you have seen the pictures of my scan.

Doctor said the best option is to lose weight and it will become more comfortable for you and there is nothing else.

I've made a complaint about this and emailed three times since to no avail.

They have now stopped emails to the docs

So not sure where the back numbness is coming from

Docs are a pain , you have to be persistent . Omperazol is fine , if it works keep taking it , I prefer Tesco indigestion tablets . If u can’t get in docs go to a walk in centre , try an out of hours doc or dial 111.

Drs receptionists couldn’t give a shite the amount of times I’ve rang drs over things and receptionist as been a bitch.
I get numbness down my left side from top of the arm all way down to the bottom of my leg.
I got passed from pillar to post 1 st it was pulled muscles through lifting heavy stuff on my own then they put the numbness in my arm down to carpel tunnel then had to see a muscle dr who then turned around and said I’m not been funny but it’s no pulled muscles in your leg turns out I have nurse damage down my left hand side linked to been diabetic.
If was me I would just keep ringing on a daily basis trying to get an appointment they will soon get bored of you ringing and give you an appointment.
If your drs is like most they always fob you off with a telephone appointment with a triage nurse then they decide if you have to go into drs for a face to face consultation.
Hope you get to bottom of it though bud

Drs receptionists couldn’t give a shite the amount of times I’ve rang drs over things and receptionist as been a bitch.
I get numbness down my left side from top of the arm all way down to the bottom of my leg.
I got passed from pillar to post 1 st it was pulled muscles through lifting heavy stuff on my own then they put the numbness in my arm down to carpel tunnel then had to see a muscle dr who then turned around and said I’m not been funny but it’s no pulled muscles in your leg turns out I have nurse damage down my left hand side linked to been diabetic.
If was me I would just keep ringing on a daily basis trying to get an appointment they will soon get bored of you ringing and give you an appointment.
If your drs is like most they always fob you off with a telephone appointment with a triage nurse then they decide if you have to go into drs for a face to face consultation.
Hope you get to bottom of it though bud
Yes this is what happens to me . Just always got a phone call back from triage. Told not to bother coming in just prescribes me tablets

Yes this is what happens to me . Just always got a phone call back from triage. Told not to bother coming in just prescribes me tablets
It’s supposed to take a weight off gp but then they only go off what you tell them.
Like back in covid when wasn’t allowed to drs my missus kept getting chest infections and giving her antibiotics upon antibiotics in end diagnosed her with copd.
Now that we’ve moved moved and she’s changed drs the drs she’s with now they don’t think it’s copd and sending her to breathing space to actually be tested for it where as her old drs just put her on inhalers and never sent her for any tests even when everyone was allowed back to drs it’s madness nowadays

Have a look at dgl licorice tablets for your stomach. They really helped my stomach. Took for about 3 months and no longer need omeprazole
When it comes to the weakness in your lower body, try stretching every day before and after you sleep and try to lay as flat as possible.
Doctors are a joke everywhere, might be worth paying a slight fee for a chiropractor that can look into it more
Gps use covid as an excuse as they got used to the lower workload the whole nonsense of ring before a certain time and they never answer anyway🤣

I would defo have a look at doing stretching you will be surprised,them tablets you take i would of thought are for short-term use and should be taken with omeprazole to protect the lineing on your stomach again what should be used for short term use.

I do a lot of these stretches before i start my workout

Back