Getting the best pic quality

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Some people say the pic quality on there service isn't very good. Try these few steps to see if it improves.

1. Buy a certfied HDMI cable. And decent enthernet cable cat 5 or 6

2 if you are lucky enough to have some 4k channels use dynamic mode on pic settings. Sometimes you may see like a grey tinge this will get rid of it.

3 when watching anything but sport use movie mode. .

Hope this helps some people out

Reactions: m4u
Yeah none of them tesco 2 stripe's £1.99 cable's 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 hlg mode on oled tv is out of this world for 4k content 👍💪

Some people say the pic quality on there service isn't very good. Try these few steps to see if it improves.

1. Buy a certfied HDMI cable. And decent enthernet cable cat 5 or 6

2 if you are lucky enough to have some 4k channels use dynamic mode on pic settings. Sometimes you may see like a grey tinge this will get rid of it.

3 when watching anything but sport use movie mode. .

Hope this helps some people out
Are dynamic mode and movie mode specific to a certain app?

I would have thought any hdmi cable would work as it's a digital connection, so as long as the cable works good to go. Unless you mean a hdmi lead that can handle the newer generation HDMI inputs/outputs e.g 2.1+

Otherwise good points for people that don't play around with TV settings, nice user friendly options mentioned. 👍

The cheap ones are shit. And if you don't change to dynamic hdr dosent actually kick in properly

Most modern TV's should pick it up automatically for HDR.. depends on TV brand and settings I guess. The HDMI cable that comes with a shield or formuler box and many other media devices are basic cables - which do the job.
Cheap doesn't mean poor quality. Poorly manufactured cables are poor quality.

I would have thought any hdmi cable would work as it's a digital connection, so as long as the cable works good to go. Unless you mean a hdmi lead that can handle the newer generation HDMI inputs/outputs e.g 2.1+

Otherwise good points for people that don't play around with TV settings, nice user friendly options mentioned. 👍
No point spending good money on a sheild or formuler box and using cheap cables. The sheild can be very fussy. Not so much about enthernet cable.

Most modern TV's should pick it up automatically for HDR.. depends on TV brand and settings I guess. The HDMI cable that comes with a shield or formuler box and many other media devices are basic cables - which do the job.
Cheap doesn't mean poor quality. Poorly manufactured cables are poor quality.
They wont off a sheild. Easy enough to tell. If your app goes like a grey tinge. It means it's not picking it up.

Hmm strange my TV picks it up automatically for HDR. I just change picture mode as you mentioned, depending on the time of day.. evening I prefer less brightness.

I think it dose eith certain devices. Like I say easy to spot. If you use standard pic quality not as good because it's like a eco friendly thing uses less power.

I just use 50fps in dynamic mode gor sports not huge differences in pic quality to be honest. Compared to 4k

4k HDR 50fps is unbeatable - it is the best quality out there. It's a luxury and should be more abundant across more channels, I'm hoping the switch off of SD in UK will speed up more full HD and 4k content for live TV.

Thing is. For football they all show same games lol.

You can get skysports main and F1 on UK channels. For a bot more variety and TNT ultimate of course.

They won't roll it out completely till the broadband infrastructure has been fully updated

Back