Glitching splitter advice

ghmc1984

Hi, i'm just after a bit of advice regarding some glitching that I am having on my H2H, most channels are ok but seem to have problems on SD channels and ITVbe, CBS reality those type of channels.

My set up is as follows:

VM cable is split outside the house via a 5-1000mhz splitter 6.5db enters into the living room, 6.1db into the playroom directly to a tivo box and 6.1db to an upstairs bedroom this is not connected to anything, in the livingroom the cable splits again via a 5-1000mhz splitter 4.0db to the zgemma box, 3.6db to the broadband router, this is using an eco line spliiter installed by virgin.

I have tried the box in the play room and glitching does not seem as bad.

I am going to try out a new line from a different supplier to rule out those issues.

Question is is it worth investing in different splitters?
Iv heard that the H2H box possibly has a weak tuner, is there anything in this? Would it be worth considering a miraclebox or Edison Os Micro instead and selling this box?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

First thing I'd do, is disconnect that feed to the upstairs bedroom, and use a terminator - otherwise you're wasting signal strength. Every split you leave open is using up your signal - regardless of whether it's in use or not. A terminator negates this loss down significantly.

Proper F terminators can be picked up quite cheap off ebay (Example ebay link - no affiliation, just the first one I saw)

OK great, I will try that for a start, is it worth swapping the broadband and zgemma box around on the internal splitter to increase signal going to the box?

Back