Google Chrome

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

i want to find where my bookmarks are saved on my computer hard drive, so i can save them on a external hard drive as i wish to do a clean sweep on my computer and install fresh windows 7 on it. Im finding it hard trying to find out where its stored.

locating it for Firefox was much easier.

anyone know how i can find it? google'd it but information not as accurate or what i am looking for

i've tried going in bookmark manager and exporting as shown below but then it exports all the links in to one Google Chrome Page and displays them in a list

screenshot.jpg

after export is done this is the outcome;

bookmarks.jpg

looks like i regret being a Google Chrome user :(

Last edited:
Hi j4v3d,

having looked into it a bit.
You could select show hidden files and folders in your folder and search options, then navigate to " C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default" (whereUSER is your user name)
Then I am assuming you could back up the Bookmarks file, and then drop it back in the same location when upgraded to Win7 (Win7 is same path as Vista).
I have never tried it though buddy.

is this what im meant to be looking for?

bookmarksfile.jpg

it has a list of the bookmarked files and dates etc etc when i open it in notepad

As Jodav said above you need to show hidden files,

Start>control panel>folder options>View (on the tab) and see below.

hidden1.png

Also see this

Code:
http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=96816

Yep thats the one, I have just removed it, checked Bookmarks had gone, then put it back again. And all was fine, So you should be OK.

how do i go about exporting it to Mozilla firefox then?

will do this in morning, tired now, so dont want to end up doing something i shouldnt half asleep lol

Sorry jodav, didn't mean to butt in :).

I posted the link above j4v3d on how to do that courtesy of chrome. Everything is explained there.

I cant copy and paste that info here for legal reasons.

Code:
Copy and Paste the link = :)

No prob HiTeck, was just looking for the Firefox bookmark manager location. You already have the HTML file j4v3d, just needs importing.

No prob HiTeck, was just looking for the Firefox bookmark manager location. You already have the HTML file j4v3d, just needs importing.

how do i go about importing it then? im binning google chrome now too much hassle lol

HT pm me the link then :)

does google chrome make your computer slow as well? read that somewhere on the net. lol

To import it
In Firefox 4.0, click bookmarks,
click show all bookmarks,
Click Import and Backup tab
Click import HTML
then navigate to where you exported your origional HTML file you mentioned

To import it
In Firefox 4.0, click bookmarks,
click show all bookmarks,
Click Import and Backup tab
Click import HTML
then navigate to where you exported your origional HTML file you mentioned

awesome, will save that file on my external hard drive and wipe the computer clean. come to the end of my studies so dont need half the crap ive got on my computer. time to keep it nice and clean.

Always good to give comp a fresh install once a year or so, just a bit time consuming but worth it.

Always good to give comp a fresh install once a year or so, just a bit time consuming but worth it.

ive had this for like 2 years or more now. Time to downgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional.

Added after 20 minutes:

VOILA :happy:

it works; (y)

mozilla.jpg

Last edited:
Back