Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, did this but that flais every time. Also, something is not right with the CAMS, if I select and activate CAMS, all OK. I come out and go back into the softcam settings and both cams one and 2 say 'NO CAM' selected.

Have channels 00 (Virgin Previews) to 05 although all are blank with nothing on them but EPG and logos for the channels show. The odd part is although all 3 receivers have the correct network ID for Canvey Island (40976) BBC One shows as 'BBC One East Midlands' which is not right.

Very odd, been on it most of today trying to get it working :-(
Have you set the net id in AutobouquetsMaker -> providers as well as in Tuner configuration? BBC1 East Midlands is what is on the build by default as that is my region.

What error is the abm scan producing? if that is failing then you won't get any channels.

I would not have go to this stage if I had not followed the tutorial, the box would still be a shell on 6.0 instead of 6.1. the CCcam.cfg file is in usr/keys/ where it should be

No need to be snippy; I was only trying to help, you could have downloaded the file and went without the tutorial

And my key is in a file called Newcamd.list so you must be different from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No need to be snippy; I was only trying to help, you could have downloaded the file and went without the tutorial

Yes, you are using mgcamd whereas @JustinJ100 is probably using cccam. Do the same thing but different protocols.

I think the scanning issue needs to be resolved first as until he gets the free channels the cam issue is irrelevant

Yes, did this but that flais every time. Also, something is not right with the CAMS, if I select and activate CAMS, all OK. I come out and go back into the softcam settings and both cams one and 2 say 'NO CAM' selected.

Have channels 00 (Virgin Previews) to 05 although all are blank with nothing on them but EPG and logos for the channels show. The odd part is although all 3 receivers have the correct network ID for Canvey Island (40976) BBC One shows as 'BBC One East Midlands' which is not right.

Very odd, been on it most of today trying to get it working :-(

Now I like East Midlands..I Also like Canvey Island, but how do we find out which is best? - -FIGHT!
e midlands airport yesterday
_82089024_terminalfront2ndnov72.jpg

Canvey island last week:

11_floods09_g_w.jpg

I think they'll both be nice when they're finished, although there's probably more prize bingo in Canvey Island, eyes down, tuppence for a line, leave your markers on for a tin of beans!

Using the H4 which has the file placed in a slightly different place.

Yes, you are using mgcamd whereas @JustinJ100 is probably using cccam. Do the same thing but different protocols.

I think the scanning issue needs to be resolved first as until he gets the free channels the cam issue is irrelevant
OK, thanks for the help so far. I did make a 'school boy/ error on the AutobouquetsMaker and had not selected my local service. I have done this now and re-scanned. BBC One is now 'South East' and this, along with BBC2 ITV, Channel 4 and 5 can all be viewed fine. However, the CCcam issue remains, if I select a Cam to use, save and exist and go back to the CCcam setup, both cam slots so as having no cams selected?

An update - it is working!

Before the rescan, I did an 'online update' although I had the latest version installed to ensure that there was no corrupted files etc. As the CCcams were not active each time I went back to them in the UI, I checked the folder usr/keys and found the update had over-written/removed the CCcam.cfg. Once I place it there, all came alive!

Thank you all again for help and suggestions here. the only thing I need to get right now is the GUI. Instead of the really nice layout of the EPG and channels, when I go instl the TV menu I have a folder list of categories instead. Will keep searching, thanks again!

An update - it is working!

Before the rescan, I did an 'online update' although I had the latest version installed to ensure that there was no corrupted files etc. As the CCcams were not active each time I went back to them in the UI, I checked the folder usr/keys and found the update had over-written/removed the CCcam.cfg. Once I place it there, all came alive!

Thank you all again for help and suggestions here. the only thing I need to get right now is the GUI. Instead of the really nice layout of the EPG and channels, when I go instl the TV menu I have a folder list of categories instead. Will keep searching, thanks again!

Glad it’s working [emoji106]

Are you pressing the TV button or the EPG button? epg button should take you to the 'really nice layout', tv button just takes you to a list of bouquets

No matter how many times I initialise the USB and make sure it is mounted as HDD, picons aren't installing on a full reboot

Any ideas why this might be? I've tried 5 or 6 times now

No matter how many times I initialise the USB and make sure it is mounted as HDD, picons aren't installing on a full reboot

Any ideas why this might be? I've tried 5 or 6 times now
Mounted as /media/hdd - when did you flash grogbuild?

OK try this, press the green button on the remote and then press the red button to take you to the 'removable plugins' list. If there Picons is in the list select it and then select snp.100x60-86x46.dark.on.transparent to delete it. Now press the exit button once and press the green button to take you to downloadable plugins and select Picons and then scroll down and select snp.100x60-86x46.dark.on.transparent to reinstall the picons.

This is a new update I've made to the h2h build but not builds for the other boxes yet.

OK try this, press the green button on the remote and then press the red button to take you to the 'removable plugins' list. If there Picons is in the list select it and then select snp.100x60-86x46.dark.on.transparent to delete it. Now press the exit button once and press the green button to take you to downloadable plugins and select Picons and then scroll down and select snp.100x60-86x46.dark.on.transparent to reinstall the picons.

This is a new update I've made to the h2h build but not builds for the other boxes yet.
There wasn't a Picons folder in the list. I've added it now from the downloadable plugins list and they're working

Thanks for your help!

Are you pressing the TV button or the EPG button? epg button should take you to the 'really nice layout', tv button just takes you to a list of bouquets
Yes thanks I got that working but think there is a bug in the CCcam section. everything worked for a few hours then went off. CCcam, now just says 'no active' even with switched on and the same file still in the correct directory, just so weird this.

I've noticed that 220x132 picons look clearer and better. That's what I use on my other box running atv and vskin hd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother brought his box over and I flashed it with Grogbuild. The only issue I had while it was here was the picons which was solved by adding the plugin

Since he took it home, he says that the box is sometimes running very slowly when he presses menu, or epg, or channel list etc. Says it is hanging for a good 20 or 30 seconds before responding. Then it will suddenly be ok for 5 minutes before going back to struggling again. It looks like there is something in the background that is over working the box, any idea what it could be?

Just wondering if it could be linked to the picons plugin because it was fine before that was installed. He says it won't let him remove that plugin now though

It's the latest build on a zgemma H2H

Brother brought his box over and I flashed it with Grogbuild. The only issue I had while it was here was the picons which was solved by adding the plugin

Since he took it home, he says that the box is sometimes running very slowly when he presses menu, or epg, or channel list etc. Says it is hanging for a good 20 or 30 seconds before responding. Then it will suddenly be ok for 5 minutes before going back to struggling again. It looks like there is something in the background that is over working the box, any idea what it could be?

Just wondering if it could be linked to the picons plugin because it was fine before that was installed. He says it won't let him remove that plugin now though

It's the latest build on a zgemma H2H

The picons should automatically download, be sure your hard drive is mounted as hdd as sometimes openatv mounts it as sda which then doesn't allow the picons to be downloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back