Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get everything working but I can't seem to connect my 1TB hdd. When I got to mount manager I cant see it. I see no storage device found. Any ideas what the issue is ?

I managed to get everything working but I can't seem to connect my 1TB hdd. When I got to mount manager I cant see it. I see no storage device found. Any ideas what the issue is ?
Is it new? Have you initialised it? If not it will need done so linux sees it but it will wipe it beware.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hi Thanks for the swift response

I first pulled out the hdd of a h5 to my h52tc and no luck with initialization/setup etc.
I then changed the format to FAT32 on my mac but not luck either.
I tested the hdd on my h5 again and it seemed to be able to read it.
I think I will format it again and test it again

do a 'deep' format to FAT32
reboot your box,
plug in HDD
and see if it appears, have you any other drives plugged in?
I had an issue with mine on an Edision when I had a USB drive plugged in and I had to have my HDD plugged in first

other thing, is this internal or external?
sorry I'm not too sure of H5.2
but some zgemma dont seem to have enough power for an external HDD unless it has its own PSU

do a 'deep' format to FAT32
reboot your box,
plug in HDD
and see if it appears, have you any other drives plugged in?
I had an issue with mine on an Edision when I had a USB drive plugged in and I had to have my HDD plugged in first

other thing, is this internal or external?
sorry I'm not too sure of H5.2
but some zgemma dont seem to have enough power for an external HDD unless it has its own PSU

It is an H5.2tc . There are no other drives attached. It is an external USB 1TB seagate drive. I have been using the same drive on an H5 and it worked all ok. I will format it on a PC instead of a mac and see if it makes any difference

It is an H5.2tc . There are no other drives attached. It is an external USB 1TB seagate drive. I have been using the same drive on an H5 and it worked all ok. I will format it on a PC instead of a mac and see if it makes any difference
does it have a seperate PSU.?

No. It doesn't need one. It draws its power from USB. It is a 2.5 inch portable disk
it might need one,
the box may not be able to give it enough power
its fairly well documented on the forum

if your box doesnt even see it, I'd guess a power issue

it might need one,
the box may not be able to give it enough power
its fairly well documented on the forum

if your box doesnt even see it, I'd guess a power issue

I tried several times no luck. Decided to switch to woosh to see if I will have the same problem, the hdd is recognised in woosh. Maybe there is a bug with recognising hdd

Sorry for not responding to this, I''ve been away (tut tut) for few days.

On this build in epg pressing OK just changes the preview, however if you long press the OK button it will change channel and exit back to the TV picture, this is the same as clicking ok twice. If you want to change it so a quick press OK changes channel and exit you can set this by Menu -> Setup -> EPG -> Graphical epg and set the OK button (short) setting to Zap+Exit.

As for the hard drive issue, I can't answer that, I do believe there was issues with seagates before which could be atv 6.1/driver issue. WB uses ATV 6.

cant seem to download the h7c image. Just getting:

This page isn’t working
h52tc.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH

Any ideas?/anyone fancy drop boxing me the zip ;)
Sorry about this, I had incorrect permissions set on the zip file. it should work now if you want to try again.

Hi, I'm currently using grog build but the clock display on the front of the zgemma h5.2tc box is not updating and displays the incorrect time most of the time. It seems to update randomly, is there a fix for this?

Also in the EPG when I press okay on a programme to preview it in the top right on corner the continue to look through the EPG and press exit it does not stay on the programme I have previewed and reverts back to the programme I was watching previously. I know in wooshbuild it would zap to the programme I have selected to preview in the EPG is there a setting I have not turned on somewhere to enable this?

Excellent build Grog and thank you for all the time and effort you have taken to put this together.
How long have you had the build installed? There was an issue on atv 6.1 early on when the time didn't update while watching a recording etc. This has been fixed though.
Is your line working OK, I only ask as this confirms that the box is connected to internet which is needed for time to keep upto date
When you say incorrect time, is it out by the same all the time or does it vary?

Hi grog68,
Have a strange minor issue with EPG.
I have set my netid/area (Coventry) put in the EPG my local ITV news is Anglia it should be Central. I get the correct program so NOT a major issue just strange. I have updated EPGimporter, the issue was the same on the old one.
Very happy with the build by the way. Thanks

Hi grog68,
Have a strange minor issue with EPG.
I have set my netid/area (Coventry) put in the EPG my local ITV news is Anglia it should be Central. I get the correct program so NOT a major issue just strange. I have updated EPGimporter, the issue was the same on the old one.
Very happy with the build by the way. Thanks
If it is the epg info that is showing it as Anglia news instead of central tonight then that is likely to be the epg importer data, sometimes there are oddities in it for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back