Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

no mate i went under technical stuff, how do i get in to the engineers menu on a HD box?

EDIT : scratch that, found it, lemme have a look

yeah i got that menu up, the netid is definitely correct to what I'm trying to use.

the symbol rate is 6952 also

so frustrating.

Ok if all the info is correct.

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - ABM - Delete all bouquets.

Then get rid of any splitters and put a direct feed in to the back of the box, re scan using ABM.

Then put your splitter back on and see if it's sorted.

We have a line coming in to the house upstairs and it goes in to one box in that room and is then split off in to the rooms which includes the one im working in, do you mean taking my Edision box in to the room where the feed comes in the house? if that makes sense

Yeah, delete all bouquets and re scan where the feed comes into the house if you can.
No splitters.

ok sound mate ill go try that now. appreciate the help, i did try myself all last night before i came for help but it's stumped me.

welp. I put the box in that room and from what i can tell unless it was pure coincidence every single channel worked fine :| i'm doing a rescan now from the direct feed room to see if it helps, if this is the case what could i do about the other room? sounds like the signal is shit to there? (thats if this experiment goes that way)

I didn't really use the V box in the room I'm putting this box in much but never really had any problems apart from the BT Sport HD channels, they came up unavaiable sometimes.

Does the internet connection make a difference in loading the channels or is it purely the aerial?

Press the OK button twice and you will get a signal strength reading.

Compare in both rooms for some problem channels.

You may need to try another splitter if you are loosing signal strength

Yeah it's got to be the splitter or the cable going from the splitter, i put the box in the bedroom which has the direct feed and it was miles better, took the box downstairs and plugged it in the direct feed in the living room and it was miles better, slight graphical glitches but I wasn't paying attention to that really cos the actual performance full stop was 10 times better.

safe bet to buy a new splitter and/or a new length of cable to go from the splitter? does it need to be a certain splitter do u know?

awesome suggestion to try another room. I'd have been here all night.

i have plenty of listed channels that dont work at the moment and could work at a later date when in use.
list a few non working ones and if uk or irl then we can report back.

splitter if it can be got tratec 5-1000mhz

It was bog standard channels mate, Sky sports channels were saying 'tune failed' but then worked on the direct feeds.

thanks for the splitter recommendation

Factory reset but you don't want to do it on a Zgemma anyway. Backup settings before doing. It doesn't touch your HDD/USB don't worry.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I recently purchased an "Evo Combo Nova Twin" loaded with a cable line and I have had an "openbox" with a cline which I use for satellite for a few years
I would like to add the line from the "openbox" to the "Evo"
I've navigated to the "keys" directory on the "Evo" and found a CCam.cfg file containing the line supplied by the guy who sold me the box like so C: xxxx.com 1xx8 xxx xxxx
there is no file called newcamd.list
Do I simply replace CCam.cfg with mg_cfg from the OP, copy over newcamd.list via filezilla and replace the lines with mine?
or does the Evo use a different file system?
Thanks in advance

Just add the line from the openbox to your CCcam.cfg file
Or have you got two different line protocol lines?

Thanks for the speedy reply! Same protocol, the line is supposed to be for one machine only I assume so long as I delete/don't use the openbox any more, it'll be ok?

Yes.
Just have the two lines on one CCcam.cfg file and it will work fine.
Delete or switch off the openbox

Last edited:
Back