H2H red light boot issue

acer458

Hi this is probably the fourth time this has happened. Box either freezes or is rebooted but end result is that it gets stuck on boot with red light.

I've tried restarting and flashing with various images but after flash it shows boot with red light and just stays there. I must have got lucky last few times this happened as after reflashing MANY times FINALLY it came to life and booted up counting to 100.

However this time I've spent the whole day and it's still not booted up. Are there any tricks or a proper way to get it out of this boot loop? I've searched the forums and I think I've tried everything I can find. Tried 2 different usbs as well.

Please help

If uve done the low format on a few usbs and tried to flash, and also know the usbs work on other ZGemma h2h boxes then don't waste more time mate.
I just spoke to the guy I bought the box off an he confirmed there are some odd boxes that are faulty. He said something about trying bootloader as a last ditch attempt to bring it back to life, but he just swapped the box for me.
Flashed new box first time with usb and I haven't had a problem since....

Just managed to flash box so it has come back on red light gone etc.. but now why I try restore backup image messages comes up saying it's repairing etc.. does countdown then just goes back to original screen without installing image

If you doing restore from the menu....The backup is definitely in zip format on the usb? I only have experience with vix and usually imagemanager>restore...does the trick. I don't remember ever seeing 'repairing' but mayb someone with more expertise in the forum can guide you.
I know it's probably not what you want to hear but if you got it flashed and started it shouldn't take too long to set it bk up afresh, especially if you use sucmnsee/dsayer backup from usb.
Or mayb extract the backup zip file and use the ZGemma folder in root of usb to flash from USB...this might cause more problems than solutions though if the filesize is too big, so bit risky for personal backup.

Preparing that should say sorry (autocorrect) I do main menu ,setup,vix , image manager click on the zip file information box comes up saying please wait while the restore prepares but when count down finishes goes back to image manager screen with extra option of image restore but that does the same as above

I'm stumped tbh mate. Never had a issue with restore from backup.
Few things to try....
1.Restart box then try image restore
2.copy restore file onto another usb having first done low format on that usb,then try to restore

Doubt this has nething to do with it but have you tried to highlight the backup file and then start the restore by pressing the 'blue?' button? (I think it's the blue one iirc, it mayb a different colour)

If all this fails try to extract the zip file and copy the ZGemma folder to USB and flash backup directly rather than from the menu....

Back