H2S Remote

John155

Hi, I know its possible to alter the remote code set on the Zgemma but I can't find the instructions now and any online search just brings up all for one remotes but thats not what I want I have 2 H2S's and want them to operate independently in the same location

You would need a remote for a different box to work the second Zgemma. I don't think you can change the original remote to a different frequency.

You would need a remote for a different box to work the second Zgemma. I don't think you can change the original remote to a different frequency.
No, but I thought you could use a different remote and just change a setting in the box to correspond

No, but I thought you could use a different remote and just change a setting in the box to correspond

You can but it needs to be one that is in the supported list for your box.
It's in MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > INPUT DEVICES > REMOTE CONTROL TYPE on ViX

1675347706538.png

It will be hidden in the menu's somewhere. ViX is a lot easier to navigate than ATV :LOL:
yes I think I'll get Vix, basically for some reason if I run my IPTV on the same h2s as my sat it causes problems so as I have a second H2S I thought I'd use one for sat the other for IPTV which is also much faster selection when I use a USB wifi dongle than the lan connection

There isn't a ViX image for the H2S anyway.
Oh well I won't then, I still found iPab the best for h2s so far but of course thats dead now I just want to get my sat which is now fine and My IPTV without the EPG bouquets being constantly updated and removed etc if I do a manual update for sat I loose all my iptv but its all a learning curve and keeps my brain active

You probably only need to alter the settings for AutoBouquetsMaker to prevent IPTV bouquets being deleted.

If you go into ABM configure change KEEP ALL NON-ABM BOUQUETS to 'NO' and press green to save.

Then go into KEEP BOUQUETS and check the boxes for the ones you want to keep and press green to save.

This will get rid of the 'last scanned' and 'favourites' bouquets as well.

1675351131583.png

You probably only need to alter the settings for AutoBouquetsMaker to prevent IPTV bouquets being deleted.

If you go into ABM configure change KEEP ALL NON-ABM BOUQUETS to 'NO' and press green to save.

Then go into KEEP BOUQUETS and check the boxes for the ones you want to keep and press green to save.

This will get rid of the 'last scanned' and 'favourites' bouquets as well.

View attachment 87833
I think I've tried all options and I either get every subtitle of programs like kids, religion etc that I don't want or my iptv dispersing when it also updates overnight I have a very specific list of what I want but no matter what I do it changes every day except by using both these h2s's then alls fine except I still have problems on one with the epg one doesn't show anything the other does they both currently have atv 6.4 and Grogbuild which seems stable enough

Subtitles and epg have got absolutely nothing to do with your bouquets.
My epg for satellite downloads over the air and I use epgimport for IPTV and I have them both on the same box with no problems.

I have my own custom bouquet for satellite and have removed all the stuff from IPTV that I don't watch.

1675351952970.png 1675352031005.png

1675352108273.png 1675352184086.png

yes I think I'll get Vix, basically for some reason if I run my IPTV on the same h2s as my sat it causes problems so as I have a second H2S I thought I'd use one for sat the other for IPTV which is also much faster selection when I use a USB wifi dongle than the lan connection
not sure about the zgemma h2s , i hava a gigablue but on openatv ( i'm using 7.2) try menu / setup/ usage & gui / remote control code.

Ok just tried via open webif I have zgemma h9 combo downstairs it is running openatv 7.1 and there is no where to change remote control code.

Last edited:
Subtitles and epg have got absolutely nothing to do with your bouquets.
My epg for satellite downloads over the air and I use epgimport for IPTV and I have them both on the same box with no problems.

I have my own custom bouquet for satellite and have removed all the stuff from IPTV that I don't watch.

View attachment 87834 View attachment 87835

View attachment 87836 View attachment 87837
well I don't use them I have the basic tv by system and use jedi for the iptv its the only 2 things that work together reliably on my set up

not sure about the zgemma h2s , i hava a gigablue but on openatv try menu / setup/ usage & gui / remote control code
thanks I found where it on mine I just need to see which is easiest to set up on my all for one

well I don't use them I have the basic tv by system and use jedi for the iptv its the only 2 things that work together reliably on my set up
That's all I use. ABM to scan for satellite and Jedi for IPTV.
Once you've created your IPTV bouquets you don't need to update them at all unless something stops working. I haven't updated my bouquets for about 4 months.

Back