H2s won't boot up

H2s straight out the box plugged in, openvix title screen appears spinning in top left corner then goes blank. Box says boot then no.s start too increase but then just shows the time. Any ideas what to do cheers

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Have they not sent you an SD Card with the image on as backup.

So what happen when you turn it on. it shows the black and white openvix logo then goes black is that right. or do you get a colour picture logo.

There's no sd in the slot. Title says boot then counts to 49 starts again at 0 counts to 25 and then goes to chanel number screen shows a colour logo

so it is booting. once it gets to the channel screen have you tried pressing the menu button on the remote. to bring up the main menu. will it do that.

Tv screen goes blank as soon as logo disappears, just shows that it's on hdmi channel. Thought it was hdmi cable but it goes off at the same point every time. When I press menu front of box displays 0781

Have you got a usb stick. turn box off completely insert usb in back slot and then restart box. it may be looking to save epg file on to an external device. and getting stuck.

If you still have no joy, you or more than lightly going to have to reflash the box. there is in the download section in the zgemma some pre setup downloads. you can use Scunmee if you want Vix or use Wooshmans if you want to try ATV.

Just tried to install woosh basebuild onto the box, having the same response as yesterday. Could the box be faulty?

Make sure your usb stick is formated fat32 then put the image on the usb stick again. Then give it another go.

When formatting 500gig hd options are ntfs & exfat and allocation unit size. I chose exfat & 512bytes was this right? I've also got a small USB which gives the option of fat 32 but I'll try them both again

you should be able to format the hdd on the box once you got it running just use the usb stick format to fat32 unzip the woosh file and then open the folder and copy everything as it is to the usb stick.

make sure box is off. put usb in back socket on box. turn box on it should start flashing the box takes about ten minutes.

Tried them both again, box says boot instead of flash. Does the same as yesterday colour openvix screen spins top left then goes blank

Its not reading the usb stick its just going pass it. you may need to try a different stick if you have one. the box as not been flashed yet if its still showing vix.

Right I've tried a 8gb SanDisk & a 32gb hp both formatted. Tried front & rear ports. Every time box just says boot then does no. count & openvix screen goes blank. Anything else you can think of?

Is the time on the front of the box? Can you press menu? If so got setup and service searching and see if you've got a signal on a flat channel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back