Satellite H7S Crashing

k_t_lloyd

Hi,

My new H7S was working fine until recently but now crashes within a minute or so of rebooting. I’m using it for FTA channels through my sky dish and have an iptv sub using xtream editor.

Anyone know what the issue might be, or how to fix it? Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Hi,

My new H7S was working fine until recently but now crashes within a minute or so of rebooting. I’m using it for FTA channels through my sky dish and have an iptv sub using xtream editor.

Anyone know what the issue might be, or how to fix it? Is this a known issue?

Thanks
You need to give more info please. What image and skin are you using?
Can you upload the crash logs here, this will give us an insight into what is causing the crashes

You need to give more info please. What image and skin are you using?
Can you upload the crash logs here, this will give us an insight into what is causing the crashes
Please could you talk me through exporting the crash logs? I’m using the sky q skin on the latest wooshbuild.

After a bit of playing tonight, I think the issue might be to do with the ext hard drive. I’ve disconnected it and it seems to be working ok.

I’ll get the crash logs uploaded as soon as I can though. It more hangs and freezes than a reset though. Will this show ok a crash log?

Thanks for any help you can give me

No a crash log will be created when you get the blue screen that begins 'were sorry, your enigma box has encountered a problem and needs to restart...' not sure where crash logs are stored but i can find out and let you know, i'm on my phone now with limited functionality, will check later and edit this post with further details, cheers

That’s great thanks. If they’re only generated when it’s a full system crash I don’t think I’ll have any. It just hangs and I need to power it off to get it responding again. As I said that, it seems to be working a lot better without the hdd plugged in. I’ll ivestigate some more and report back in case it’s any use for anyone in the future.

if you use filezilla, look in home/root/logs and if there's any crash logs there, post them here but only if they're recent and related to the above problem, pointless posting old ones which may have been generated before this problem began.
If it's HDD related, this is a seperate problem, let us know as it may help someone else, cheers

Back