Hard drive error

uproar717

Hi there got a cloud box 2 plus over the weekend and its all set up and generally running pretty well, only problem i am having is the hard rive won't record properly, it will record half a hour of a program and then come up with write error disk full which it isn't as it has 400 gb free. I have tried different options such as setting the hard rive to keep the files in the movie folder or the root of the hard rive but the problem remains, its mounted under mount manger and i just can't see what the problem could be, has anyone else experienced this or know anything i could try, its driving me mad lol The drive is a Western digital 500gb 2.5 inch usb 3.0 elements external drive.[h=1][/h]

does it say its mounted wth a green tick,do you have a usb also setup,is your recording set to go to usb or ext hdd?was your hdd setup first with format before setting up?

Can't see a green tick but says mounted at media\hdd and type ext4. Recordings are set to go to media\hdd. Not using any usb sticks. I formatted the drive to fat 32 on pc first time and then went to inialise hardrive.

Could that be the problem, FAT 32 formatting? In that a file size with no more than 4GB can be saved on a FAT32 formatted drive

Possibly but stops after 25 mins which is wierd, might try some software to format drive to ext4 on windows, see if that makes any difference

maybe not suitable for box?i bought a 1tb and setup for use on a saorview box it missed 4 timer recordings and recorded 1,tried everything brought it back as faulty and got a toshiba 2 tb externally powered,is your hdd externally powered?

Could be the case as tried formatting on computer and same problem, its not actually its a portable just powered by usb but ive got a externally powered wd one so going to give that a try and see what happens.

I have 2 set up with portable usb powered 500gb and 1tb.
Both work fine. But id always advise not to take chance like cacti says.
Make sure no partitions on drive. Or re initialise? U may have to pc quick format first to force remove mount/rec/ts

Ahhhhhhhh
First make sure the /hdd/movie/trash is empty.

If its not that try
menu
plugins
media scanner
menu
settings
check 4th entry. Disk space. Mine set to 400.

---------- Post Merged at 10:48 PM ----------

early death coming soon me thinks
:bye::bye::fartlight:whats that saying?

That saying isssss:

"Fckit until u Fckit..." lol

---------- Post Merged at 10:49 PM ----------

Harry Enfield "You Dont Want To Do That.....Nooooo"

Sorry another thought is have u auto Timeshift in settings turned on? Disable and try again just in case hdd cant handle both. (Advisable for usbsticks more)

Thanks for all the suggestions, the problems persisted so i tried with the other drive and recorded a few programs today without problems so i think perhaps it was a compatibility issue or not enough power as my epg kept disappearing before when i switched off box but that has stoped too. I thought maybe a powered hub might make the other drive work but if this works may as well just stick with this one. Fingers crossed that will be the end of the problem, certainly seems so at the moment :)

For info - If you just swtich box off by pulling plug then EPG will disappear. I noticed that if you use Deep Standby first - before removing plug - then EPG will be there when you power back on

That will explain it then as did that earlier! A few other things i was curious about, just noticed under system info that my system nand is displaying as 103.8m when its advertised as 512mb i think, not sure if there is a reason for for this or if iv'e been duped lol I brought it with everything pre installed, also i am a bit unsure what images to use if i needed to upgrade, are most Images o.k if they are pre patched? Mine has virtuoso image extreme by team vix version 4.2 kernel 3.12.1 on it now but not sure where i find this image online or any new updates.

As long as your box is not an ibox clone then you can jump on the bandwagon of images by Sucmnsee lol. He has thankfully done quite a few VIX backup images available in the downloads section, saving you the hassle of setting up from scratch.

:p lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

Id say make sure its defo not a clone before doing anything. But in most cases, if it aint broke............

Haha i agree learnt that lesson with my openbox and had to bring him back to life lol will leave it be unless it causes problems, what ways are there to check its not a clone? Or clone of a clone :p

Back