Have completed Softmod of Wii 4.2 - Unable to read burnt disc

cromwell4

Hi,

is there a way of verifying if the softmod worked?

I have burnt an ISO to Tesco DVD+R using ImgBurn x2 and the burn looks to be successful.

The DVD is in the Wii but no image appears in the Disc Channel preview and when I click on Disc Channel I get the error:

Unable to read disc.

I have also launched Neo Gamma R7 and tried launching the game from there. The error is:

DVD Read Error (1101).

I wil try burning to another brand of DVD+R.

Any help would be much appreciated.

hi cromwell, congratulations on modding your Wii, the 1101 error means it is not acknowledging that there is a disk there, stupid question, but have you the disc in the right way as this happened to a pal of mine, when i was talking him through the using of the modded Wii a few times with diff disks. you dont start a Wii backup through the normal disk channel.
it sounds like there is a problem with the disk itself. what did you use to burn it, I find imgburn - a free program, the best at 4X speed.
have you any friends who can give you a different tested game? if not where in the world are you? we might have a member who could pass you a disk.
tell us a little of exactly what happens when you open neo gamma, then choose to launch game from DVD.
wheelo

How old is the Wii cromwell4,it may be that you have the d3-2 drive which cant read backup discs,the image would not show up in the disc channel unless you have cioscorp on the wii,usb loading is something you should also look into,if it is the disc try -r

Wheelo - yes, I did try the disc both ways lol. I also tried an alternative brand DVD+R and that didn't work. I used ImgBurn x4 speed. I launched Neo Gamma R7 and tried launching the DVD from the menu. The error is: DVD Read Error (1101).

Sinno - I don't know how old the Wii is. Maybe 2 years? The image doesn't show in the disc channel, just a grey disc. WHat is cioscorp and how do I install it? I have never heard of USB loading either so any more information you could provide on these would be great.

was it always a 4.2 wii or did you update it from a different system menu,if so which one.
have a look for Configurable loader,you can put your backup iso onto a usb pen drive or a external hdd and plug into the back of the wii,so no more discs
ciscorp is a different kettle of fish,we will have to determine which drive you have

Back